Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
and don't forget that you have a 1 in 10 chance to make 10:1 on your money!

Also watch out for who else is at the table. If lots of options have been handed out to VCs, you may get diluted when the stock moves. A 10 bagger for VCs might be a 2 bagger for you.

Also avoid pink sheets like the plague. Most of those are pump and dump material. The going public event should be supported by solid performance numbers.

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
Do you realize that this is a losing proposition? Probably not the best to offer advice on this topic when you have no understanding of risk/reward and statistics...
I invested this way in the 90s. Out of ten risky start-ups, one will be a dog, one a star, and the rest nothing special. I got my 2 10x and then decided the work and risk was not worth it. Those other 8 were a drag. Ended up ahead overall and I loved my winners. But I learned a lot about the style of the players in the space. You really do need access to the insiders.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.