Canadian Money Forum banner

Is Canada the best country in the world ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24,725 Posts
Happy Canada Day!

I just met up with an ex coworker from the US. Him and his wife drove up here, not realizing it was Canada Day (they thought they were avoiding July 4)... but they're having a great time. With the growing problems in the US and increasing loss of rights and freedoms, they are more seriously considering relocating or immigrating to Canada. They're thinking about the future of their young children.

The wife is a visible minority and she really likes the cultural diversity she sees any time she visits Canada. She says it feels like a very friendly atmosphere and feels like this country is more "sane" ... which is absolutely true.

I don't know if Canada is the best country (best qualify of life) in the world, but I think we're definitely among the best: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Norway, Denmark, etc

·
Registered
24,725 Posts
American propaganda is astonishingly powerful. They continue to declare themselves number one at everything while their country is falling apart.

We have a few American friends who have had an epiphany here, also. It's like they don't expect us to have roads, lakes, and beautiful scenery like they have in the US. lol!
100% spot on

·
Registered
24,725 Posts
Canada does the same thing.
And if you lived in any other country, you would notice they tend to do the same.
It isn't unique
Except not every country is falling apart before our eyes. In some countries, standard of living is actually on the rise, or at least is holding steady.

But you're right that every country pushes their own propaganda. That's natural.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts