Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
I think what is needed here is the creation of a "Don't shoot yourself in the foot" cabinet position.

The Liberals are about to call an election and need to win seats in Quebec to form a majority government..........and they appoint a GG who can't speak French ?

Justin, Justin, Justin.....

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
like the song says:
"I find it all so amusing"

I guess the thinking was: the indigenous card would trump the language card.

Remember back in the crazy, olden days when people like Vanier, Massey, Michener filled that post?

·
Registered
7,867 Posts
I think what is needed here is the creation of a "Don't shoot yourself in the foot" cabinet position.

The Liberals are about to call an election and need to win seats in Quebec to form a majority government..........and they appoint a GG who can't speak French ?

Justin, Justin, Justin.....
Are you just now realizing he's an idiot who doesn't think things through?
He saw first nations woman and thought those were enough boxes to check.

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
430 complaints out of 37ish million...hardly what I would call 'pouring in'...much ado about nothing.
I agree but how many people take the time to lodge a complaint, compared to those offended enough to vote for a different party ?

In any event, I think it is an unforced error given the circumstances. I can't imagine Liberal candidates in Quebec are thrilled about it.

The good news for Trudeau is the Conservatives are unlikely to make hay out of it. Defending French speaking isn't one of their strong points.

·
Registered
404 Posts
As a person of colour who has never had anybody of significant power represent my people, I say to those Francophones who feel forgotten, "Welcome to our world."

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Remember back in the crazy, olden days when people like Vanier, Massey, Michener filled that post?

I had dinner once with Jeanne Sauve...and the rest of her entourage...charming & never uttered a word in French, I was instantly in love in spite of my wife's presence... (We ate some flowers as a salad and some kind of mini duck as the main...had to hit McDonalds on the way home.)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Is a resumé (or cv) not required for the job of the GG? :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts