Canadian Money Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Doesn’t sound so dis-similar to Ontario. Big box hardware stores were closed for a couple Of weeks, but I recall they re-opened rather early. And I think curb side pick up was always an option...(maybe there was a week where it was completely closed?). I don’t recall restaurants being completely closed for very long, if at all. I’m sure others will remember better.

·
Registered
10,238 Posts
There were a few notable differences. For example, Ontario cut back construction on most things other than housing and certain infrastructure think. People here were still going to dealerships and buying vehicles (as we did) albeit April sales were way down. A number of sites did provincial comparisons on a regular basis, so one can google and research that material on their own as they wish.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
..uh, not that anyone cares.. but I'll give NL "E for effort"
Currently: 2 active cases in the province, only 1 case reported in last 33 days (& that was 'travel-related')
We have had a grand total of 261 cases, and 177+ of those came from 1 incident at a funeral home way back in March, which an asymptomatic person attended.
3 deaths. Unfortunately, we've had more people die by drowning since the pandemic started.
New Zealand just beat us to zero!
:unsure::unsure::unsure:

·
Registered
12,557 Posts
Yeah, it seems like the main mode of transmission is 'superspreader' events. A good reason to believe that we won't be starting big gatherings like movie theatres, concerts, bars/clubs, weddings, funerals, high attendance religious services, etc. any time soon.

·
Registered
12,767 Posts
The opposition voted against the Liberals giving benefits to the disabled.

Time to cut ties with the wannabee opposition parties and call an election. Trudeau should seek a mandate from the people.

·
Banned
3,736 Posts
Yeah, it seems like the main mode of transmission is 'superspreader' events. A good reason to believe that we won't be starting big gatherings like movie theatres, concerts, bars/clubs, weddings, funerals, high attendance religious services, etc. any time soon.
Did you see the massive gatherings over the weekend?

The government has basically given up on the lockdown, political leaders from Trudeau to city mayors are ignoring the lockdown.

We're going to see a second wave, and even reasonable people are starting to say enough is enough. Quite honestly, the concept of a lockdown to stop the spread necessitates a high degree of compliance.

With millions congregating, there really is no point.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts