Canadian Money Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Duff, thanks for that little tip. I've met with a couple of lawyers and they have no problem referring some of their clients to me, particularly on business evaluations and taxes on estates.

Well, I decided to go to the golf tournament yesterday just for the sake of playing (was practicing beforehand though) and to meet other businesspeople and it was certainly fun. I got to meet chat with 2 new people in my group (we all signed up individually) and had a good conversation with a couple of tables nearby during dinner. A number of them remembered me from past after-hours event and have been wanting to talk to me further in a "fun" setting. In my opinion, this was worth the expense not to do my sales pitch (there was none of that, as promised) but to build up the camaraderie with other business people. A couple of them have invited me this morning to come out to their business lunch group in next couple of weeks (only people personally invited by members of that group are allowed). All in all, a good day albeit slightly sunburnt!

·
Banned
2 Posts
Only on the internet, man. ads on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube will help you ;) Here is one of my advice for you: Draw parallels between the hiring process and Internet marketing. It’s important to realize that the basic tenets of Internet marketing are just as applicable to potential employees as they are to clients and customers. You can think of the hiring process as your sales funnel, of successful hires as conversions, and of the steps in between as typical Internet marketing strategies. When you frame your hiring process in these terms, it becomes clear that recruiting online can be optimized, tweaked, and perfected exactly like you would a PPC campaign or SEO strategy. If you are interested in golf like me, check windtreegolf.com.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts