Canadian Money Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts
Yeah it's impressive.
But they prey on people with bad credit.. at some point the cards will collapse.
I was lookign at Home Capital Group in the early 20 teens, but came to the same conclusion.

Good luck, but it's a risky stock, with IMO predatory practices.
When things go south, it will be fast.

I'd clear a few chips off teh board now TBH.

Yeah I think GoEasy and HCG are both sketchy lenders. But certainly correlate with the state of the real estate mania.
There is going to be massive political interference in the real estate and financial markets to keep everyone "happy".
I think it's a pending disaster that will make the subprime crisis look like a well thought out plan.

New all time high. My first position from April 2020 is reaching 6X (+500%).

Momentum plays are tough because I know it'll crash at some point.

I've noticed that AVDV (Avantis International Small Cap Value ETF) is holding GSY.TO as part of that Small Cap Value ETF, yet it shouldn't be considered value anymore, it's more like growth at the moment, but I'm pretty sure they keep holding for the momentum. I guess they've picked it cheap (value) and now they hold it through momentum, which is a sound strategy in my opinion. I'll be curious to know when will they sell. Sure thing, I'll still be holding the bag.

That's ironic. I understand that people question the ethics of a company like GoEasy.

Meanwhile...

I've noticed that AVDV (Avantis International Small Cap Value ETF) is holding GSY.TO as part of that Small Cap Value ETF, yet it shouldn't be considered value anymore, it's more like growth at the moment, but I'm pretty sure they keep holding for the momentum.
Congrats on having a position in GSY. I was tempted to "join the party" but just couldn't do it.

Avantis tends to imitate Dimensional Fund Advisors, and I believe that they use a modified value factor technique that involves using a bit of momentum.

They are, after all, stock-pickers. They just use a bunch of academic work to convince everyone that their stock-picking is being done a "good" way. Of course, the same people will tell you that your stock-picking is bad.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.