Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
People should ask themselves this simple question whenever they hear about someone promoting some new financial theory or get rich scheme.

If it's that easy to get rich, why would anyone want to sell books or run seminars from hotel to hotel for a pittance of what they could earn through using their schemes?

Usual reply............. "they want to help educate and help others"................

Yea, right......................lol

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Well actually, those conventions and road tours they do are a big part of riches...for them.

Anyone remember Russ Whitney? Here's a website from someone who debunks each of the sales pitches in great detail. It's pretty funny and shows how hollow a lot of these schemes really are.

http://www.johntreed.com/Whitneyclaims.html

Here's one of the books.

http://books.google.ca/books?id=Zy4sw8trI9kC&printsec=frontcover&dq=russ+whitney+building+wealth&source=bl&ots=0rgARlBawt&sig=xkVkm1fXhBnrPceB6k_JrrjmsQ8&hl=en&ei=qFK0TKSAB8KC8gb5lOnaCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CBsQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q&f=false

·
Banned
7 Posts
Many successful people do want to help others, and usually at less than the maximum price than they could get for other things like speaking at a large company. The only catch is that they would expect those they help to put in a lot of work, not just go to a seminar and think positive thoughts :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Until I saw in this report, I've always thought that the author was the same guy as the famous TV cook whose name I forget. :D

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I'm amazed at how aggressive the trainer was. I would have expected a much smoother sales pitch. I guess they work on the premise of being content to scam $500 from the majority, but to get more requires working on those who would be subject to such bullying tactics.

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
I will send you a credit card number when I've found a card left on the ground. :D
Why not? If I'm slimey enough to offer the same deal as the Rich Dad seminar then I'm surely slimey enough to try and process a credit card that was clearly lost by some poor soul.

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Should always take a Blend Tec blender to these promotions. If they are a scam and won't give you the money back, you can blend up their power point presentation......................

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
If you read his books he will tell you each seminar might take 2 days to tell 1 important thing the rest just filler. It would be a miracle to get that important thing from the free talk. You can't even get it from the books.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts