Canadian Money Forum banner
861 - 880 of 883 Posts

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Do you think the boomers cared much about the climate or the future generation?

I don't think so.

In fact, boomers usually put their kids to work and those kids were on their own at 18. Not the case anymore...

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Interesting that you think my way of thinking is the reason for no future of humanity.

I wonder what would have made me this way?

Nurture vs. Nature, my friend.
I'm a product of my environment.
I am the way I am because of what I experienced, felt, learned, was taught and shown.

Look around you.
Only a fool thinks there is a future for humanity.

You've been to zerohedge or watched Fight Club before, no? I'm sure you know that on a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone is zero.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
It was pretty much predicted with increased heat would start melting ice caps and permafrost. Looks like they have found some ancient viruses in the Tibetan glaciers. 28 new viruses... perhaps we will see another epidemic sooner rather than later. But then they are plant based and not animal, maybe not an issue, unless they start to combine with other viruses. Viruses over 15,000 years old found in melting Tibetan glacier

·
Registered
17,139 Posts
It was pretty much predicted with increased heat would start melting ice caps and permafrost. Looks like they have found some ancient viruses in the Tibetan glaciers. 28 new viruses... perhaps we will see another epidemic sooner rather than later. But then they are plant based and not animal, maybe not an issue, unless they start to combine with other viruses. Viruses over 15,000 years old found in melting Tibetan glacier
I heard one of the scientists on the news. Some of those viruses could still be activated after 15,000 years.

As I posted before on climate change threads, as the tundra thaws we have no idea what is lurking there waiting to be released.

It was also estimated that if there was a sudden release of the stored methane in the tundra.........a fireball would circle the earth.

Great.........and it looks like the evidence is clear with everything that is going on around the world.

We are in the soup now and can only fix what nature's fury destroys. Problem is we are already falling behind in that category.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I heard one of the scientists on the news. Some of those viruses could still be activated after 15,000 years.

As I posted before on climate change threads, as the tundra thaws we have no idea what is lurking there waiting to be released.

It was also estimated that if there was a sudden release of the stored methane in the tundra.........a fireball would circle the earth.

Great.........and it looks like the evidence is clear with everything that is going on around the world.

We are in the soup now and can only fix what nature's fury destroys. Problem is we are already falling behind in that category.
Could be activated... The danger would be to see them combine with other viruses and jump to become a human virus. But something to worry about for another day.

·
Registered
17,139 Posts
Fire tornados....exploding clouds.....yikes !........heard a reference to it on CNN radio today.

There doesn't appear to be any end in sight for the forest fires raging all over North America.

The firefighters are saying the fires are outpacing them regardless of what they do. The fires are moving faster than they can run.

Now the "burnt" areas are likely to cause flooding in the torrential rainfalls predicted to be coming. Massive flooding all over the world from Europe to China.

Droughts all over the world. Fish and sea animals being "cooked" in the water.

If creating climate change isn't enough we are also hell bent on destroying the environment.

Researchers are finding microscopic traces of plastics mixed into the sand and soil all over Vancouver Island.

The beads are being found in the flesh of fish and whales. Are we then ingesting it when we eat the fish ?

Ontario is searching for a suitable place to store all the radioactive rods from the nuclear plants.

We send our "recycled" garbage and electronics to other countries for storage.......out of sight....out of mind.

Why are we so self destructive ?

·
Registered
17,139 Posts
I got a call on the phone this morning.........Jehovah Witness. I guess they get their door to door canvassing quota by phone these days.

So they start with the covid, add in climate change, mix in "everything that is wrong with the world today", and then start into the "end of the world" stuff.

Sometimes I think........maybe they are on to something there.

·
Registered
17,139 Posts
Doubtful it will be a century until the next one though.

Maybe a year or five.......and then there are the summer wildfires. I doubt they were a one year problem.

Climate change is just "bad weather"......more often and more severe.

Property insurance is likely going to cost a lot more, if it is offered at all.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Yes, they say this was the "worst weather storm in a century". I wonder what they blamed it on back then.

ltr
They only have records on rainfall going back to 2008 so storm of a century is pure BS propaganda for the lower mainland.. I was driving thru Hope just before the highway closed...had some big puddles...I lived out there back in the 70's...highway under water was not unusual....or adjacent houses . Of course today we can even blame earthquakes on CO2 emissions.

·
Registered
14,415 Posts
They only have records on rainfall going back to 2008 so storm of a century is pure BS propaganda for the lower mainland.. I was driving thru Hope just before the highway closed...had some big puddles...I lived out there back in the 70's...highway under water was not unusual....or adjacent houses . Of course today we can even blame earthquakes on CO2 emissions.
They weren't measuring rainfall before 2008? That sounds wrong...

861 - 880 of 883 Posts