Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Give your best crappy penny stock here that could do whatever.

Mine is CML because it will hopefully reopen its nickel mine at the end of March. It already has a producing mine and it needs to upgrade it. It has a lot of shares outstanding but it is only 16 cents a share.

If you think about it you would probably do better with this then most of the stocks you own. Why because this one is priced to piss on and most so called dollar stocks are priced for no disappointment. In the end penny stocks bought at lows are no more disappointing then most of the stocks out there.

·
Registered
240 Posts
If by penny stocks , you mean stock under $1 , then my choice would be BTB.UN.

Financials and other in-depth analysis aside , they will likely be appealing to investors seeking great distributions as more income trusts convert to corporations and reduce payouts.

With interest rates staying low for the forseeable future , I think the market will be seeking lower priced REITs that have a history of fairly high payouts.

I don't expect this one to remain under $1 for much longer.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks furgy and I have to say technically it looks like a good pick up. And tell me despite the problems it may have does it seem like it is so low although it was lower that the downside seems limited at least in the next 6-9 months.

·
Registered
338 Posts
MDN.TO - no debt gold producer/explorer + rare earth exposure. Appears to be bouncing along the bottom. Currently in the 0.50's and I don't see it going lower.

Might share better ones in March when I finish accumulating if this thread is still going.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have a small position in MDN really hasn't done much in the past several months hovering usually in the mid 50's. Range between low 50's and 70 cents. Very low risk for a penny stock, solid fundamentals.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like that one to and may also add a small position to it. The funny thing with penny stocks is people will pay any price for a story and will ignore companies that actually produce something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts