Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have GGF31734 - BMO Tactical Dividend fund in my RRSP, and after watching Larry Berman on BNN-Bloomberg, I was wondering if I should sell those to get in ZZZD instead.

I pay an MER of 0.96 for GGF and ZZZD has a 0.78 MER.
Both have just about the same holdings.

Should I switch just because of a (slightly) lower MER?
If not, why should I keep GGF?

Thanks for your input!

· Registered
11,379 Posts
^ Switching to D series (with all things being equal between MF and the ETF) is always a wise move. But I can't figure out (without a doing a deep dive) why there's such a disparity between their prices. Currently GGF31734 is about $10 whereas ETF about $31?

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ Switching to D series (with all things being equal between MF and the ETF) is always a wise move. But I can't figure out (without a doing a deep dive) why there's such a disparity between their prices. Currently GGF31734 is about $10 whereas ETF about $31?
Good question, so I asked Larry himself! Here's what he said:
The ETF was started at $30. The fund was started at $10.

Simple question... easy answer! :cocksure:

· Registered
11,379 Posts
^ That may have been an easy response but hardly an answer. The question was "why such disparity between the prices"? He needs to explain it. One sentence would do, not an essay. How about a little help her for him - is the huge price difference due to difference in the number of units between the funds?

· Registered
11,379 Posts
Why not ask him directly yourself :subdued:
His contact can be found on his company's website, etfcm . com, though someone else may answer you!
... huh? I'm not the person who needs to determine switching GGF31734 to its ETF version would be better. I think you can make a better decision if you understand the ETF better. And the response from Mr. L. Berman (if that was his actual answer) on a simple question (perhaps taken as a dumb one for a newbie) was sorely lacking or less than impressive.

PS: Obviously I don't own GGF31734 (or ZZZD.TO) and don't intend to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.