Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sick and tired of paying for my college loans. At the current pace I will never be debt free. I work but wanted to find ways to earn a little extra money. All options are on the table.

What do you recommend for me to earn a little extra?

Here is what I've tried so far:

- Signed up as Uber driver for a few nights and weekends and have averaged $250/month (after gas costs)
- Joined www.Swagbucks.ca and have been earning ~$75/month (you just have to watch videos, answer surveys and you can also get cash back on shopping)

Next up I'm trying to become a property manager to get free or discounted rent.

Needless to say I've been cutting my expenses down to a minimum. I'm throwing everything I get into this loan until it's paid off.

What other ideas do you recommend?

·
Registered
437 Posts
hard to give advise without a bit more information - like:

Are you full time employed in the field you trained in that saddled you with this debt?

Are you on your own,living at home, living with significant other, renting, owning with mortgage?

Used car, borrowed car, payments on it, etc.
Transit, if feasible, as opposed to expensive parking near work?

Buying new or willing to acquire things used?

Brown bagging most lunches at work, and applying the savings to the debt?

Cooking in as opposed to restaurants and take out?

There are many ways money can be spent. The fewer ways it is spent, the more ways it can be saved to be applied to debt reduction.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Making more $$

I'm pretty frugal and I do have a job in my field but being young my salary is not that large. I rent with room mates. I do have a car (leased) that partially pays itself with my Uber job.

My main question is how to generate extra income.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm pretty frugal and I do have a job in my field but being young my salary is not that large. I rent with room mates. I do have a car (leased) that partially pays itself with my Uber job.

My main question is how to generate extra income.
The best way to generate income is start a business and work for yourself. What are your skills? How can you sell them? If you can do this you can make lots of extra money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts