Canadian Money Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts
Looks like it might get to the $29.xx target today. On poorly received May real estate sales, I would look for a drop to $26.xx by the end of next week. Stocks that can be viewed as a proxy for real estate sentiment seem like they could be poised to detach from otherwise good fundamentals.

Wow, I missed the boat on that one. Up big today I guess on the Buffett/HCG news. I never thought this should have been taken down when HCG got hit but I don't think the r/e bear news cycle is over. Still watching this for a possible entry.

Does anyone hold this? I placed an order to sell at $44 but it was cancelled. It still shows in my account but I can’t trade it.

yet, it appears, the ticker is still active, even though it’s been purchased by Brookfield.

any explanation?

Does anyone hold this? I placed an order to sell at $44 but it was cancelled. It still shows in my account but I can’t trade it.

yet, it appears, the ticker is still active, even though it’s been purchased by Brookfield.

any explanation?
I suspect the transfer to Brookfield is underway. It looked normal in my account a few days ago (I don't know if I looked this week) but today it is just there with no buy/sell buttons. I imagine the money will replace it soon.

I suspect the transfer to Brookfield is underway. It looked normal in my account a few days ago (I don't know if I looked this week) but today it is just there with no buy/sell buttons. I imagine the money will replace it soon.
I figured that, but it’s still trading according to yahoo finance. I was hoping to score a few extra bucks at $44

I figured that, but it’s still trading according to yahoo finance. I was hoping to score a few extra bucks at $44
I looked into it a bit more and it seems like they're changing their name today. TD seems to be having an issue with it. If I search for the stock ticker directly there are buy/sell buttons on there, but not inside my list of stocks in my account. I am guessing it will be back to normal (with the new name) tomorrow but of course I don't know.

Are you also with TD?

I looked into it a bit more and it seems like they're changing their name today. TD seems to be having an issue with it. If I search for the stock ticker directly there are buy/sell buttons on there, but not inside my list of stocks in my account. I am guessing it will be back to normal (with the new name) tomorrow but of course I don't know.

Are you also with TD?
Yes. If that’s the case, I would have hoped my order would have remained.

Yes, Genworth Canada was sold to Brookfield and renamed to Sagen.

My position got sold and I'm looking for a solid replacement. Any suggestions?

Starting a position today when equities are at an all-time high makes me nervous. Any bargains out there?.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.