Canadian Money Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hilarious timing:

February 14, 2013 I receive a letter from Ally:

"... Remember, when you invest with us, you know you're always getting one of the best rates in the country."

February 15, 2013 I receive a letter from Ally-RBC:

"Your account will be closed on April 30, 2013."

... Ally FAIL!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Has anyone else had trouble transferring their money out of Ally/RBC? I've put in a transfer request 3 times now, and each day the transfer is deleted but the money is not actually moved. I called Ally, and they said there are "restrictions" on my account which prevent my money from being moved.

What are these restrictions? They have no idea!

Has anyone else heard of this? Are they just holding my money to try and convince me to keep it with RBC rather than transferring out?

·
Registered
908 Posts
I can't imagine what "restrictions" they could be referring to. That sounds flakey to me. I transferred all my cash out after the announcement, and then also moved the interest when it arrived on March 01 with no problems.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Has anyone else had trouble transferring their money out of Ally/RBC? I've put in a transfer request 3 times now, and each day the transfer is deleted but the money is not actually moved. I called Ally, and they said there are "restrictions" on my account which prevent my money from being moved.

What are these restrictions? They have no idea!

Has anyone else heard of this? Are they just holding my money to try and convince me to keep it with RBC rather than transferring out?
No restrictions. I've been receiving my regular transfers. I called in on Friday to close my accounts. They said it would take 5-7 business days to close and 2-4 business days to transfer the money. Closed and in my bank account in 3 business days.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I had everything transfered out in 2 days and the account was closed immediately afterwards...last week.

1.2% was not worth having another account at another institution.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I really do not care what happens to ING or to Ally. We are waiting for our People's Trust and Canada Direct accounts to open. Then we will move the funds out.

Why on earth would we accept a decline in rates on our Ally account when we can simply move over to Peoples. Does RBC or Scotia for that matter think that their depositors are complacent enough to accept that. Oh, I forgot, we are complacent Canadians.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts