Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asking for a friend.
which would be the simplest site to download or whatever, and play FREE online poker (hold'em, omaha etc) on a windows desktop PC.
Don't want or need any real betting.
Yes, I can google it, but I usually get better results in here馃槣 Thanks.

Registered
PokerStars is my favourite over the years even though the average player is more competent than other sites.
There are many free roll tourneys for non cash players that can result in winning money or entries to real cash tourneys.
I no longer play cash online as bot programs have made it less profitable at lower limits but do play online tourneys from time to time.

Registered
I also like PokerStars. But I'm not sure if it has Omaha/etc, I've only played hold em. Pokerstars.net is the free one, Pokerstars.com is real money.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks.
I just installed pokerstars.net (I think) on my PC just to test.
as suspected, I've been on about 20 mins. & cant for the life of me figure out how to play for FREE...

Registered
Download from Pokerstars.com
Pick a playmoney table
Click join
click the tab free chips
youll get 15,000

On this real money site you'll get to play lots of free tournaments with real money prizes.
I just logged on for the first time in awhile they gave me 2 free $2 sports bets....should be able to parley that into a hundred k or so lol.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how do you pick a playmoney table?
it said somewhere that all free tables start with "Fun-"
but i cant seem to get to that page. none of the games in the list start with Fun
....and I cant seem to find that "Lobby" button either....
I cant seem to get it to refresh or re-set to "home" or whatever
Its a very "busy" looking webpage! too many options

Registered
Download the real money program from Pokerstars.com ...uninstall the one you have. There are limitless play money tables. You can click on help and a real person will chat with you quickly if you still need help.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok....so I finally figured out that i had set some filters on, criteria that blocked most game.
i undid that & got back to all the games.
now when i try to join any FUN game i keep getting a message that i have insufficient funds, and to BUY play chips
arrrggh
Now what?

Registered
If you are on the real money site whose link I sent you just pick the box underneath the BUY button
youll get 15k play chips

If all else fails pm me your log on & I'll fix you up before you die of old age lol

Registered
looks like you have to BUY play money chips????
Wait wait

I've used Poker Stars. You absolutely DON'T have to use any real money. Just create an account with a fake name and ID.

They have "play money" and near the top of the screen, look for the link to the Cashier. Every few hours, you can go and collect more play money. You can collect tons of it (no cost at all)

And there are tons of tables where you can play with real people using fake money. That's what I do. I've never put any real money into Poker Stars

Registered
how do you pick a playmoney table?
it said somewhere that all free tables start with "Fun-"
but i cant seem to get to that page. none of the games in the list start with Fun
Jargey here's what it looks like on mine.

Start up the program, log in...

Near the top right of the screen there is an option to select between "Real Money" or "Play Money". There's also a button for Cashier.

Click Cashier. Look for the tab "Play Money" (which is selected by default on mine). Now click Collect, and they give you 15,000 chips.

Go back to the main screen. By selecting Play Money, you should be able to see a long list of tables. It's a pretty bad interface so it takes some getting used to, but yes there are tons of games you can play with fake money.

You might also have a problem with filters, which is a problem I've seen on mine sometimes. There is a bar near the top which lets you choose the type of game, and then Stakes and Table Size. To the right side of this line there is a little switch. When switched on, it's "filtering"... and then I see no games.

Turn off that filter, and I see all the games.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
...bad interface is right james...
finally figured it out i think.
i turned the filters off, and i think i was trying to play the higher stakes "free" games, but didnt have enough free chips? i dunno
but seems like when i scrolled down the page to the lower stakes i was able to get in & play馃檪
so far i've only lost about $25 grand fake money hahaha馃え

Registered
^ $25 = al cheapo. Oh, it's $25 grands ... peanuts. I would go for at least $500K to start with. Afterall it's not your money, even as fakes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts