Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Through my workplace I found out about edx.org, which hosts web-based courses put together by universities and institutions around the world. There are some which are aimed at some sort of professional qualifications which require payment, but also plenty which are free. I would say they are not quite university-level courses in the breadth of and detail of instruction, but approach something of a primer on topics. For instance, I am currently doing one on Macroeconomics by the University of Marid Carlos III. I will pair it with a course on Microeconomics course next. Some others that look interesting are courses on fintech by the University of Hong Kong, and international development by the IMF.

I've before never looked at what web platforms there were available in this category. There is of course many actual lectures and tutorials on Youtube on various topics one might have come across while browsing cat and laser pointer videos.

Just a thought for those with some energy to spare.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Through my workplace I found out about edx.org, which hosts web-based courses put together by universities and institutions around the world. There are some which are aimed at some sort of professional qualifications which require payment, but also plenty which are free. I would say they are not quite university-level courses in the breadth of and detail of instruction, but approach something of a primer on topics. For instance, I am currently doing one on Macroeconomics by the University of Marid Carlos III. I will pair it with a course on Microeconomics course next. Some others that look interesting are courses on fintech by the University of Hong Kong, and international development by the IMF.

I've before never looked at what web platforms there were available in this category. There is of course many actual lectures and tutorials on Youtube on various topics one might have come across while browsing cat and laser pointer videos.

i noticed this recco earlier & i should have posted Thankx for your link before. But later is better than never, right?

it's a great link & a great idea. University courses are being taught like this. Congratulations to you for pursuing your interests.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts

I can say some absolutely are university level and quality courses.

The MIT basic electronics was absolutely outstanding. There is also coursera.
Some Libraries have Lynda subscriptions.

Paid courses are hit and miss, some are great, some are clearly someone trying to make a quick buck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts