Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Does anyone know where I can find a free template that will help create a financial plan?

I refuse to pay 4-5g for one from a CFP. I find it ridiculous when those advisors just ask questions and populate them into a template as well.

Sure the value is in their "advice" supported by this plan, but I think I can manage it without it as long as I have something created on my own that I can stick too

·
Registered
694 Posts
Look to a public library. There is knowledge in financial planning authors publications, and then build yourself a spreadsheet after a read of a book on the subject if it must b done digitally.

·
Registered
11,414 Posts
You don't say what stage of life you are in, but you may find something in Creating a Financial Plan and by link reference therein to Retirement Planning and then to Software and Calculators

When I was starting to consider retirement back in circa 2000 for about 2005-2009 retirement, all I had available then was US centric FIRECalc which I adopted and adjusted for Canadian things like CPP and OAS. If I was doing it today, I think I would use Finiki's VPW worksheet.

RRIFmetic used to be the 'go too' from Steve Salter but he is no longer with us and the software is dated and no longer available

1 - 4 of 4 Posts