Canadian Money Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Some people?
The Ontario Beer store banned returns.
I heard they opened it up at a small fraction of stores, and even then have limits.

Beer crisis averted as Ontario retailer set to restart bottle recycling program

Their policy is causing the problem.

This is just like the economic depression we're in, it's caused by government policy.

When people implement these policies, they should consider the implications.
If you ban and limit bottle returns, you'll run out of bottles.
I missed that....I see lineups of people returning bottles at my local store.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Some people?
The Ontario Beer store banned returns.
I heard they opened it up at a small fraction of stores, and even then have limits.

Beer crisis averted as Ontario retailer set to restart bottle recycling program

Their policy is causing the problem.

This is just like the economic depression we're in, it's caused by government policy.

When people implement these policies, they should consider the implications.
If you ban and limit bottle returns, you'll run out of bottles.
I really couldn't care less about beer bottle returns. There are more important things to spend time and effort on right now don't you think.

Government Minister: 'Oh quick everybody, we have to keep beer stores open, so we need to figure out the potential implications of doing that. We'll need say 20 people to form a committee and do a study on that, right away.'

Some poor little schmuck in the back row: 'But what about this virus? Who will we have left to work on that?'

Government Minister: 'Idiot, beer drinkers vote, get your priorities right. If they can't get their beer and return their bottles, they'll vote for the opposition. We can't just tell them we have more important things to worry about.'

·
Registered
12,375 Posts
My wife bought some more Lysol wipes at Food Basics. They were almost gone. A fella could make some serious money selling a trailer load on the corner.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I really couldn't care less about beer bottle returns. There are more important things to spend time and effort on right now don't you think.

Government Minister: 'Oh quick everybody, we have to keep beer stores open, so we need to figure out the potential implications of doing that. We'll need say 20 people to form a committee and do a study on that, right away.'

Some poor little schmuck in the back row: 'But what about this virus? Who will we have left to work on that?'

Government Minister: 'Idiot, beer drinkers vote, get your priorities right. If they can't get their beer and return their bottles, they'll vote for the opposition. We can't just tell them we have more important things to worry about.'
You care enough to comment.

Really they already have or should have infection control protocols for bottle returns anyway.
I don't think a ban on reusing & recycling products was appropriate, but I'm not the government.

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
I think there were some missteps (understandable) with how people decided to respond to the situation. Many stores reduced hours, but this ended up causing lines and crowding, so they decided to extend hours again somewhat.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I think there were some missteps (understandable) with how people decided to respond to the situation. Many stores reduced hours, but this ended up causing lines and crowding, so they decided to extend hours again somewhat.
I entered a grocery store for the first time in about a month. I see lineups at Walmart, Home Depot, food basics, zebras, metro, go to a noFrills today....no lineups.....yay. Step foot into the store.......right away I notice there are too many people in there. And three or four sale items are right by the front door causing a logjam. Nobody following social distancing. They had some (?) aisles marked with arrows, but most weren’t.

pretty poor execution overall.....and the premier says businesses MUST follow social distancing if they want to (remain) open.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts