Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,392 Posts
I imagine most sovereigns are under rating pressure. Not sure anyone is going to come out of this looking good.

·
Registered
415 Posts
In these terrible times the U.S. Capitalists have chosen to create another crisis ..... and tax our economy with additional interest charges.

At this very moment in time the U.S. Federal Reserve is giving Dollars away at 0% interest.

·
Registered
16,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm actually not concerned about this at all. But I do hope foreign investors freak out a bit and hopefully dump some bonds so that the rest of us can get higher yields.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I'm actually not concerned about this at all. But I do hope foreign investors freak out a bit and hopefully dump some bonds so that the rest of us can get higher yields.
Except, where would the investors go? To the US? I suspect that COVID and China trade war is having more of an impact on the US economy. Any idea what the US rating is?

·
Registered
415 Posts
US rating is?
Standard & Poor's credit rating for the United States stands at AA+ with stable outlook.

Moody's credit rating for the United States was last set at Aaa with stable outlook.

Fitch's credit rating for the United States was last reported at AAA with stable outlook.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I doubt AA+ would be much different in the eyes of investors. S&P downgraded US debt a while back and it did not make a dent. But if the trend continues, then there could be problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts