Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of moving my investments away from my financial advisor and the mutual fund they are in to something self directed. My money is in a Series F Mutual fund from Morningstar. It is Fund Grade C. I pay my advisor monthly fees but I don't know if I will have to pay anything to move my money out of the fund. Can anyone tell me where I would find that information?

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
The fund's prospectus for the fund will tell you if there is any sales charge for the fund. Recognize the prospectus can be a bit confusing since the prospectus will mostly likely talk about each of the series of the fund.

There is likely no charge to cash in a series F fund unless you have held it only for as little as 3 months (almost all mutual funds have a short term redemption fund charge to offset the administrative charges to other mutual fund holders bu that period is likely only 30-90 days.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I don't have much to add to and feel AR has addressed the OPs question very well. I will comment that when I saw the thread I thought the title was Free Confusion :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts