Canadian Money Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1406 Posts

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
labeling specific independents as "fake news" by mainstream news is just smoke and mirrors. Mainstream media has no special corner on truth, and in fact have engaged in lost of fake news themselves. There has been fake news since there have been humans. One class of fake news is government originated fake news with the goal of starting a war. For example, Gulf of Tonkin fake news to justify escalation of Vietnam war. More recent fake news was the imminent threat by weapons of mass destruction to justify a Mideast war. mainstream news cooperated fully with such fake news.

Apart from lying, everyone has a perspective, an unprovable world view. Everyone see the world coloured by their own assumptions.

Often the truth goes over like a lead balloon as it challenges common everyday and much loved delusions (such as 97% of scientists agree global warming is man made). Many people are happier embracing foolish, clearly dubious beliefs.

·
Banned
2,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Look at Syria as an example do you think the people there really want a bunch of insane people ruling them. They are better off with Assad because at least they can live their life. Many won't say anything because they are afraid but the people there really don't want to live in a pile of rubble.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I know you guys will all find this story interesting. College student drops out of college despite 4.0 GPA telling people college is a scam. He says average income has increased 5x while college costs have gone up 18x overthe last 40 years.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-21/college-student-earns-40-gpa-then-drops-out-you-are-being-scammed
He's not wrong about college costs skyrocketing, but unfortunately, to get most white-collar jobs you need a college degree these days. It's a requirement for entry. Of course if he wants to start his own business, or work in manual labor or retail, he doesn't need college. But if he wants to be an engineer, as the example given in the story, he needs a degree.

·
Banned
2,686 Posts
When did not telling the truth become fake news instead of lying ?
You tell us...which of the following Hillary statements are fake news, and which ones are lies:

"I landed in Bosnia under sniper fire."
"I was named after Sir Edmund Hillary."
"Benghazi was caused by a YouTube video."

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
You tell us...which of the following Hillary statements are fake news, and which ones are lies:

The lies thing is way too long a list-the shorter list would be when has Crooked Hillary ever told the truth.

·
Registered
12,390 Posts

Trump lied about being Swedish (I guess being German wasn't good enough for his 'brand'). He's got serious mental problems. He's a pathological liar.

·
Banned
2,686 Posts
Trump lied about being Swedish (I guess being German wasn't good enough for his 'brand'). He's got serious mental problems. He's a pathological liar.
Serious mental problems? You're just repeating fake news from the mentally unstable Kurt Eichenwald from Newsweek. He has no proof of his claims...he's just another lying leftist who thinks he can say anything he wants and not be held accountable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ophbx1iaF8

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
I meant the 97%. In the video referenced below, climate scientist Spencer talks of how he was included in the 97%, but is also deemed a climate change/global warming denier. How can he be in both? Easy, fake research and fake news. (Reportedly he also worked for NASA where he and others were under some kind of gag order preventing them from contradicting the politically correct view. It wasn't until he got a job elsewhere that he could speak freely.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHyd-Y6haMg

·
Registered
3,523 Posts

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
When did not telling the truth become fake news instead of lying ?
IMO fake news can be considered fiction until somebody tries to pretend it is the truth. Then it is a lie.

Material that Trump lifted from fake news sites counts towards his liar-liar-pants-on-fire tally. It helps him to maintain his status as a habitual liar.

41 - 60 of 1406 Posts