Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 20 of 494 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Supposed IPO is Wednesday, I decided to start this thread because, for some reason, no one is talking about it on this forum.

Let's start off with some IPO information. Such as its pre IPO revenue and net income as well as amount of shares in total vs the amount that's going to be floated when it IPO. Also, who are the underwriters and how much they get to keep.

Lastly, I'd like to know about the quiet period and the lock up period for IPO participants. Haven't been able to find any information myself.

*edit---------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I've found so far:

To trade on NYSE. Current bid in private capital market: $36 for 5000 shares.

Finances from 2011 Q1 to 2011 Q3

Assets: $5.6 billion
Cash/cash equivalents: $3.5 billion
Debt: $0
Shareholder equity: $4.5 billion

Operating cashflow: $1 billion
Revenue: $2.5 billion
Operating income: $1.2 billion
Net income: $714 million

Ownership:
Employees 30%
Mark Zuckerberg 24%
Digital Sky Technologies 10%
Accel Partners 8% (had 10% but sold 2%)
Dustin Moskowitz 6%
Eduardo Saverin 5%
Sean Parker 4%
Goldman Sachs clients 3%
Microsoft 1.3%
Peter Thiel and/or Clarium Capital 3%
Greylock Partners 1.4%
Meritech Capital Partners 1.6%
Chris Hughes 1 %
Li Ka-shing .75%
Interpublic Group .50%
Goldman Sachs .8%

*update=================================

IPO of 5 billion (shares tendered unknown, at $35 it should be 142 million shares. Implied valuation in private market for the whole company is $80 billion

Morgan Stanley lead underwriter
GS, BAC, JPM, Barclays rounding up the rest.

·
Registered
10,218 Posts
Also was surprised that no thread about FB. imho it's much more significant IPO than Groupon, LNKD or YNDX...
Are planning to trade?

As far as i remember with LNKD, TDW and CM were allowed to place trade about 30-40 min later that it was possible at most of US brokerages.... I was following it on stockstobuy.org forum

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
With an implied value of $80 billion - $100 billion, it means we're looking at something like a P/E of 53 - 66. Better than Amazon, but I'd like to see a plausible plan for how they expect this thing to cash flow >$10 billion/year.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
1. imho it's much more significant IPO than Groupon, LNKD or YNDX...
2. Are planning to trade?
3. with LNKD, TDW and CM were allowed to place trade about 30-40 min later
1. No question. :)
2. What a question. :rolleyes:
3. For obvious reasons, all brokers are tight-lipped at the moment; you won't find out until the actual day.

Good luck to all those interested!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Speculation is that they will file for their IPO after the close of markets on Wednesday. I've never done anything with an IPO before, so I'm not sure of the circumstances. It sounds like it won't start trading on a stock exchange until April or May if they do indeed file this week.

Some questions:
1) Will we know the exact day they start trading ahead of time?
2) What's the best way to buy? Put in an order before the market opens and hope it gets filled?

·
Registered
10,218 Posts
2) What's the best way to buy? Put in an order before the market opens and hope it gets filled?
This is the point that you won't be able to place trade before :)

T.gal , I didn't formulate my point correctly :)
On LNKD IPO day, guys in US were able to place trade about 10 am, I tried on TDW/CM platform about 20-30 min after US guys bought -> and still I was getting error that ticker is not recognized... Probably you can call in and place your order, however, I couldn't do it from the work. :(

·
Registered
333 Posts
Some questions:
1) Will we know the exact day they start trading ahead of time?
1) Yes - days before
2) Best way? Hit jackpot and get some pre-IPO shares. :). If desperate, then try pre-IPO auction sites (must be an accredited investor). Or wait till the actual trading date and buy your shares thru your broker. Depending on which exchange it will be listed, the speed of execution may vary. Regardless, just don't use the market order at the open.

MB

·
Registered
967 Posts
Mark and facebook employees deserves your generous money. It's time to cash out after so many years.

What's a reasonable P/E ratio for facebook? 50? 100 ? or over 9000?

·
Registered
10,218 Posts
Mark and facebook employees deserves your generous money. It's time to cash out after so many years.

What's a reasonable P/E ratio for facebook? 50? 100 ? or over 9000?
Does it really matters?!
LNKD has P/E 1,513.7 and not doing extremely bad :D
YNDX has 40 and almost on 52 weeks low :D

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I generally hide under the bed like Belguy when it comes to tech, but I think Facebook is a buy and will gap up whatever the valuation is set at. Does it matter that current value is twice the market cap of Ford? Possibly. All I know is that LinkedIn, Zynga, and Groupon are all extreme sells on my list but Facebook is not.

Speaking from my generation's perspective, it's something that is used every day by everybody. I had a conversation with my buddy today in that we were puzzled why a certain girl didn't use Facebook. Whether or not anybody clicks on the ads, I don't know.

1 - 20 of 494 Posts