Canadian Money Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I wonder....would the climate believers concede that the furor over climate change today could be just a teensy-weensy bit exacerbated by more people in more places reporting more often on social media...?

·
Registered
15,619 Posts
I wonder....would the climate believers concede that the furor over climate change today could be just a teensy-weensy bit exacerbated by more people in more places reporting more often on social media...?
My ma used to take that approach Jargey. She always said "what we don't know don't hurt us none."

·
Registered
393 Posts
BC has been a leader in carbon taxes, in converting to green energy and hydro, going with EVs and hydrogen fuel cells, blocking pipelines in the name of climate change. It has a government with a big focus on climate change. I guess the mystery to me is why are all these extreme high temperatures occurring in BC against a background of aggressive carbon reduction policies? If anyone mentions China I say get Greta to lead a campaign in China against China's lousy record in reducing carbon emissions.

·
Banned
800 Posts
The agenda is we need unelected United Nations to be gods over the world of the unwashed, The UN needs be in our face in our wallet for they are of all knowing. Without one world dictatorship no one country can stop global warming which was switched to climate change when the earth started cooling is the mantra :( Killer vaccines, Chemtrails spraying us down with chemicals, Can be increased to save the planet as we block out the sun.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
the ironic thing is....every single person living on the planet today will be long dead gone before it is ever known if the green measures we're taking nowadays will have had any impact whatsoever .
again, I maintain you cannot meaningfully gauge or measure climate change in the blink of an eye of 2 or 3 hundred years or so

·
Registered
11,560 Posts
Today I was very surprised to hear on radio Q107 that Toronto now is 2nd most polluted major city in the World!
Just googled and ... WOW!
By 2 p.m. on Monday, Toronto was ranked second in the world among major cities for air pollution, behind Jakarta, according to IQAir, a Swiss technology company that measures air quality levels based on the concentration of PM2.5. By 5 p.m., the air quality station in downtown Toronto logged a PM2.5 value of 170 micrograms per cubic metre – the highest concentration recorded by the station since it started reporting in 2003

·
Super Moderator
4,279 Posts
Our AQHI was pegged at very high risk (10+) on Monday and part of today. With so many fires up north it'll likely be bad for a while.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts