Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here had experience with any peer 2 peer lending platforms like lending loop and how reliable they are?.. any recommendations?

·
Banned
688 Posts
Spouse and I have LL accounts and in total are into about 80 notes so far. Current weighted average gross yield of 15% in one account, 16.8% in the other (they take 1.5% of that). Zero defaults so far. Interesting and just for fun as the total amounts invested are less than 1% of our portfolio. I like the idea that we are helping some small Canadian businesses grow. Can see adding maybe $5k/year to each account over the next few years if the company continues to flourish.

I would not recommend if you don't already have a diversified portfolio or its money you would need anytime soon and can't afford to lose.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spouse and I have LL accounts and in total are into about 80 notes so far. Current weighted average gross yield of 15% in one account, 16.8% in the other (they take 1.5% of that). Zero defaults so far. Interesting and just for fun as the total amounts invested are less than 1% of our portfolio. I like the idea that we are helping some small Canadian businesses grow. Can see adding maybe $5k/year to each account over the next few years if the company continues to flourish.

I would not recommend if you don't already have a diversified portfolio or its money you would need anytime soon and can't afford to lose.
OK, that doesn't sound bad at all.. I will be looking at it and will allocate a very small to it to start with.... thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts