Canadian Money Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
.... have to ask, how much higher and over what period of time? As with the less chance of fraud - what about mortgage frauds versus frauds perpetuated by investing in REITS?
I get infinite roi on my investments because I have no money of my own in it. As for mortgage fraud, I’d have to be the one committing it, unlike trusting others not to commit fraud, watch shows like American greed, probably half the shows are about real estate fraud because it’s so easy to do and there’s a lot of money to be made. Double digit returns are fairly common and easy to achieve right out of the gate. Why settle for the single digit returns do reits? I’ve got a system in place where I don’t do much actual work anymore.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I get infinite roi on my investments because I have no money of my own in it.
... isn't this saying you're fully leverage (and possibly some more) or playing with a house of cards?

As for mortgage fraud, I’d have to be the one committing it, unlike trusting others not to commit fraud, watch shows like American greed, probably half the shows are about real estate fraud because it’s so easy to do and there’s a lot of money to be made.
... I don't think mortgage fraud is isolated to the USA. In fact, I read (sometime ago), with the frothy RE market we have here, Canada is a hotbed for mortgage fraud though not as easy.

Double digit returns are fairly common and easy to achieve right out of the gate. Why settle for the single digit returns do reits?
... why settle for more risk than you can take?

I’ve got a system in place where I don’t do much actual work anymore.
... I think you're one of the exceptions and you didn't get your system in place overnight either. Based on your experience, how long do you think investors nowadays would be willing to hold onto their RE holdings in order to achieve the double-digits? I bet not as long as you have.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
... isn't this saying you're fully leverage (and possibly some more) or playing with a house of cards?
there is difference between being fully financed and fully leveraged. To be fully financed I have to have at least 20% equity to finance the property. Not really a house of cards if it can cash flow in a down economy. my average Purchase price is less than 50k/door my aver rent is over 1000/door it’s a cash cow. I recently turned down a nice 3 bedroom place. They were asking 77k, but i only wanted to pay 70k. Each month the tenant pays me, the principle goes down, the profits go up. As we enter the age of inflation, I’ll pay offf my properties with inflated dollars, so I’ll pay less, while my rents will adjust to inflation as well as the values.

... I don't think mortgage fraud is isolated to the USA. In fact, I read (sometime ago), with the frothy RE market we have here, Canada is a hotbed for mortgage fraud though not as easy.
you have to be willing to commit mortgage fraud, it’s a choice. One I choose not to do. It doesn’t matter which country you're in.

... why settle for more risk than you can take?
huge returns, and I don't see much risk, but then again I’m doing it, I’m not an armchair expert

... I think you're one of the exceptions and you didn't get your system in place overnight either. Based on your experience, how long do you think investors nowadays would be willing to hold onto their RE holdings in order to achieve the double-digits? I bet not as long as you have.
there are books out there who tell people how to emulate my system. I’ve talked about it before. Mr. Matt has videos on YouTube which also emulate my system. Duplicating what I do would take a couple of hours of reading. It‘s not rocket science. As for taking years to get double digit returns, I get them out of the gate as you could calculate from the numbers I said above. In fact, I don’t buy something that won’t make double digits right away, if not more.

just because you can’t do something, or are too afraid to, doesn’t mean it’s impossible or even hard.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
there is difference between being fully financed and fully leveraged. To be fully financed I have to have at least 20% equity to finance the property. Not really a house of cards if it can cash flow in a down economy. my average Purchase price is less than 50k/door my aver rent is over 1000/door it’s a cash cow. I recently turned down a nice 3 bedroom place. They were asking 77k, but i only wanted to pay 70k. Each month the tenant pays me, the principle goes down, the profits go up. As we enter the age of inflation, I’ll pay offf my properties with inflated dollars, so I’ll pay less, while my rents will adjust to inflation as well as the values.

you have to be willing to commit mortgage fraud, it’s a choice. One I choose not to do. It doesn’t matter which country you're in.

huge returns, and I don't see much risk, but then again I’m doing it, I’m not an armchair expert

there are books out there who tell people how to emulate my system. I’ve talked about it before. Mr. Matt has videos on YouTube which also emulate my system. Duplicating what I do would take a couple of hours of reading. It‘s not rocket science. As for taking years to get double digit returns, I get them out of the gate as you could calculate from the numbers I said above. In fact, I don’t buy something that won’t make double digits right away, if not more.

just because you can’t do something, or are too afraid to, doesn’t mean it’s impossible or even hard.
... contradictory there ... there is a HUGE difference with "reading it" [or being that armchair expert as you noted] between "doing it". That's what I'm primarily getting at .. and with the "doing it", it could take decades (with abit of luck thrown in) to become successful. No overnight success or remotely "easy" unless you put on rose-coloured glasses.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
True, you not only have to read it, but implement it...however between the simple solution book and the newer BRRRR book you have a step by step process to follow. It doesn’t take decades to learn. But then again, I’m sure you’ve read both books and managed to fail at it still just to prove your point. Actually I’m pretty sure you haven’t read either book And haven’t succeeded in implementing what they say, but are totally convinced it won’t work.

unlike you, I know people who have actually read the books, implemented what they read, and now own real estate that is quite profitable. The reason I recommend the books is so I don’t have to teach them personally..,as I’m often asked To do. I will help them out, but for the most part they don’t need much help after reading at least one of the books.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts