Canadian Money Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Microsoft recently announced Excel will be able to download bank transactions like Quicken does

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can now get stock quotes with Office 365. Not sure about Office 2019. Might want to check it out.

Get a stock quote
To insert a stock price into Excel, you first convert text into the Stocks data type. Then you can use another column to extract certain details relative to that data type, like the stock price, change in price, and so on.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You can now get stock quotes with Office 365. Not sure about Office 2019. Might want to check it out.

Get a stock quote

Yah 365 operates like google sheets - apparently (can grab stock data from the net). The stand alone versions of Excel do not have the stock feed functionality like 365. I am Office 2019 stand alone.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
WOW I am dense. My Laptop/WIndows 10 is 64-bit. My new office install I assumed was 64-bit. So I downloaded the DLL from Gaier Soft for 64-bit. There were problems and an afternoon of me looking at replacements. Long and short, I discovered that my Office install was the 32-bit version ! This is ok just as long as you know and try to install the correct add ons IE: the 32-bit version and not the 64-bit version...

I am in business and happy that I can simply continue with what I know !

Back to Excel Quotes (Gaier Software - Excel Quotes Add-In) super simple and easy to use !

My night just got way better, time to have a drink !

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I will add that Excel Quotes is FREEWARE and the other programs that I was considering are all pay for use/license. So, my freeware software being compatible is just huge.

I would encourage others to consider it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts