Canadian Money Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Climate alarmism is real. Read any article on virtually any weather event. It doesn't matter that weather and climate are different. Every storm, every heat wave, every cold wave, every unusual event.

At first it was "this <extreme weather event> is indicative of climate change in the future. Do you want the earth to be destroyed in the future?" This was maybe 5 years ago.

In the last 18-24 months, it has gone full-on alarmism. "This IS climate change. The Hurricane/flood/tornado/blizzard WAS CAUSED by climate change". and so on.

It's really garbage, and why a lot of people are tuning out. Less pollution is a good thing. Lying about it is really quite dumb.

I wouldn't be surprised to see oil consumption back at record highs within 12-18 months. There aren't enough $50,000 electric cars for the 3rd world to drive, and they are buying gasoline cars for 1/10 that price.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I remember when I first read about it, I thought it was a joke.

But no, rather than send our Canadian crude oil on a pipeline to the east coast refineries, Cenovus is loading it on a ship and sailing 11,900 kilometers down through the Panama Canal and back up to New Brunswick's Irving Oil refinery.

Sigh.............

ltr

·
Registered
12,703 Posts
Sorry, changed my post because I looked it up and discovered Michigan doesn't want an expansion of the current pipeline.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Sorry, changed my post because I looked it up and discovered Michigan doesn't want the pipeline as it lays on the bottom of Lake Superior.

Right, and that long trip through the Panama Canal with all its exposure to pristine waters is inconsequential, where it could have all been solved by a simple regulated pipeline. Environmentalists need to shake their heads.

ltr

·
Registered
12,531 Posts
Maybe to properly incentivize high standards on pipeline construction we should require a bond be put up with a fine of $1 million per barrel of oil spilled. I understood Energy East wanted to utilize an ancient pipeline originally designed for another use. It's not clear what's in it for Ontario to run another pipeline through our drinking water...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I will try to be scared about more relevant things. I will think about things such as immediate dangers in front of me. That would make sense.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts