Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I remember creating a poll where I asked if we would reach $150 oil this year. We're now comfortably at $120 with a continuing uptrend.

Maybe I should ask another question... Ok, now that we've seen gas price at $2 in Canada... Will we see $3 somewhere in Canada this year? Maybe in Vancouver? That would be a shock, I guess.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
XEG is now down 25% from its peak.

Is it possible that we're wrong?
No, we're in overreaction territory due to recession fears. And the "overreaction territory" means the "buy more territory" to me.

Reactions: zinfit

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Curious how much XEG (or other energy commodities/equities) you hold?
I had higher weight in energy in 2020 to chase easy money and did 4x with that sector in 2 years and then I decided to take my gains as I acknowledged that I don't understand that cyclical sector enough and anyways I don't like that sector. I should've held more for the easy gains that we're having in 2022, but I know that I don't have enough knowledge to time the peak of the easy money, so now I'm only 10% energy, but if I liked the sector and if I was listening to my gut-feeling, I'd probably be 30% energy. Otherwise I can't assess if the current valuation already has the current context priced in or if it's truely undervalued.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Great news everyone, oil is actually below $100 now!

Gasoline futures are also plummeting so there will be cheaper prices at the pump soon.
Another great indicator of an upcoming recession.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts