Canadian Money Forum banner
621 - 630 of 630 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Even efforts to link debt to Paris accord requirements is being trashed.

"“I don't think there's any way you can try to paint a tarsands company as sustainable,” she said. “The product they're pulling out of the earth is one of the most carbon-intensive processes to create oil in the entire world.”

Cancel the pipelines. We don't need your oil and gas. Eliminate them -> (my paraphrasing) "I don't care if they are carbon neutral, they're oil and gas."

This is why the world is heading to an energy crisis now. No one wants to invest in energy anymore other than wind and solar. Starting to run out of coal now to replace natural gas. What is next, I wonder. Good feelings to fuel power plants?

On topic, all the better to be low debt or debt free like where the producers are going. One less stick to wield against you and faster cash returns to shareholders. ENB unfortunately won't be able to go there.

·
Registered
10,652 Posts
Even efforts to link debt to Paris accord requirements is being trashed.

"“I don't think there's any way you can try to paint a tarsands company as sustainable,” she said. “The product they're pulling out of the earth is one of the most carbon-intensive processes to create oil in the entire world.”
I don't think there's any way you can try to paint an electric vehicle batter company as sustainable.
The product they're pulling out of the earth is one of the most environmentally toxic processes in the entire world.

This is why the world is heading to an energy crisis now. No one wants to invest in energy anymore other than wind and solar. Starting to run out of coal now to replace natural gas. What is next, I wonder. Good feelings to fuel power plants?
The problem with religious extremists is they feel justified hurting a LOT of people.

They literally don't consider the thousands of lives that will be lost in pursuit of their greater goals.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
“I don't think there's any way you can try to paint a tarsands company as sustainable,” she said............FULL STOP - whenever I read the word tarsands, I stop reading and move on because I know I'm dealing with an extremist.

ltr

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
It is unfortunate that although our oil sands are responsible for ensuring confederation remains viable they have become the whipping boy of countless left extremists along with a media hungering for any disparaging BS to print about Alberta and our oil sand industry.
I think that will be ending in the near future.

·
Registered
933 Posts
It is unfortunate that although our oil sands are responsible for ensuring confederation remains viable they have become the whipping boy of countless left extremists along with a media hungering for any disparaging BS to print about Alberta and our oil sand industry.
I think that will be ending in the near future.
You hit the nail on the head. Example about 13% of the Quebec annual government revenues comes from equalization and the formula for distributing equalization is heavily reliant on revenues derived from non-renewable resources. So provinces who have developed their oil and gas resources get no equalization and pay for Quebec 's equalization . It is interesting that Quebec has placed a moratorium on the developing of their own oil and gas resources. Yes I understand that Albertans are just whiners and eastern Canadians like Quebec must hold their noses and tolerate them.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
ENB news.
Canada’s Natural Resources Minister says he is hearing “significant sympathy” from U.S. officials for the plight of the Line 5 pipeline.​
Jonathan Wilkinson is in Washington for meetings with lawmakers, Biden administration officials and Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm.​
Mr. Wilkinson says that while Canada is focused on keeping the cross-border pipeline operating, the government is also exploring contingency plans in the event a court orders it shut down.
from the Globe and Mail

621 - 630 of 630 Posts