Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at this moment a Canadian resident. I am contributing to my DRIPs, besides my TFSA and RRSP (which i know won't be taxed if i leave Canada in the future).
I plan to go back and live in my home country in the next couple of years. If i leave, i know i have to stop all contributions to all my investments.

1) Does anybody know how will DRIPs be taxed if i decide to leave Canada? Is there anything I can do to minimize the "damage"? I know Canada takes a departure tax, on all your investments (they will be virtually sold and taxes withheld for the capital gain), but i am not sure about the DRIPs. Should i stop the contribution to them?
2) Then how i will get monthly payments from these DRIPs while out of Canada?

Thanks much for any information.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.