Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was posting and looking up some facts for the post and got logged out and lost my post . Argh. Dear smart programmer, this is too clever by half.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Shawn's issue was that if you remain inactive for too long, you automatically get logged out. Same thing happened to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
this forum caught my eye...

Let me look into that problem.
I have been plagued with being timed out on BMOInvestorline on a continual basis [ since I joined Apr 09]
no joy with the folks that run the show in Toronto [the people that man the phones...that's another story,...the waiting time on the telly for assistance]

My settings are for one hour and I continually get timed out when active on the site. Quite frustrating when in the midst of executing a trade!:mad:

feedback/suggestions please

·
Registered
382 Posts
Check "Remember Me" box when you log in. That should fix the problem.
At least on firefox (my browser of choice; add-ons are incredible, I think iphone got the idea from firefox ;)) if you tell it to remember your info for the site, then it does not matter how long you are inactive. If you make a request you get in regardless of timeout. That has been my experience at least. So I never get asked to login or see the login screen.

I would not suggest doing this unless you know that the PC is used by only you and/or people that you do not care if they can be logged in as you in CMF.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts