Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DOL is up 7% today . this is crazy lol

They will increase dividend 22 per cent to 11 cents per share from nine cents.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My coworker told me about how he likes this dollar store that opened nearby.
I went to check it out after a few months and I liked it.
Unfortunately, I couldn't make up my mind about buying their stock at that time.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I was looking at this one too for the last few weeks. DTLR as well. Very consistent stocks! Up 7.5% now. Missed that one.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Can't deny the results, and never pulled the trigger on either Dollarama or Dollar Tree . . . or Tim Horton's for that matter. Will suggest that Dollarama and Dollar Tree, both very well financed, having chased out or at least marginalized smaller competition, are now competing for the same AAA real estate, and what they are willing to pay in rent is increasing as they secure market share (buy a REIT !). Dollarama broke their fixed $1 model very successfully . . . and then there's is the dollar store genius (Larry Rossy) . . sorry I missed it . . . sometimes I wonder why I just can't believe !!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had 2k and bought 23k more days before the big jump. Even it has retreated a little I will hold it for a long time. It's solid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dol.to

I'd be interested to see what people here think about Dollarama at this time. I'm looking at adding it as a prospect for a sector that could do reasonably well in a downturn. I know though that it has had a run up in the last several years. What do people think of it now?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just laughed as I read the first page of this thread and the commentary seemed pretty current... then realized it was from 2012.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think it's a good idea. It's a beautiful stock and I've been wanting to hold it for a long time. Unfortunately never pulled the trigger for various reasons. Earnings come out on Thursday morning. Will re-evaluate then and strongly consider buying for the long term. I like how recession proof it seems to be and how the margins have been increasing.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Thought about buying at $60 last month. Got angry that it just kept rising, so hunkered down and bought a few shares at $65 last week. Glad I did!

Profits up 29% and dividend raised to 9c/quarter (as expected). The dividend has a hell of a long way to grow, at only 17% payout ratio. As this increases and yields rise (assuming the price stops roaring up at some point) dividend investors will come pouring in to prop the stock up as growth investors start to pull out.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Thought about buying at $60 last month. Got angry that it just kept rising, so hunkered down and bought a few shares at $65 last week. Glad I did!

Profits up 29% and dividend raised to 9c/quarter (as expected). The dividend has a hell of a long way to grow, at only 17% payout ratio. As this increases and yields rise (assuming the price stops roaring up at some point) dividend investors will come pouring in to prop the stock up as growth investors start to pull out.
unlikely to happen anytime soon as they have an ambitious growth plan ... i got in when they split ... i am a little worried about over concentration of stores (in victoria they have them relatively close to each other) but i like their business model ... a good defensive stock i think

·
Registered
34 Posts
dollaram drop price today

anyone have any insight in what could have cause dollarama do dip in the red today after weeks of constant positive gains?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts