Canadian Money Forum banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Its all good investors get burned when they get complacent. The complacency can be seen of late in the trust of Government. Some people trust government so much that they wear masks.
I wear a mask indoors in public places because the cost to me doing so is so close to zero, it might as well be zero, and the benefit over the whole population doing this is much further from zero. In other words I am rational.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
It's happening again. I'm feeling nervous about perpetual, unrelenting gains without corrections. No fear, no corrections, no disappointment. That makes me nervous.

The day I started this thread -- saying I felt nervous -- was actually the stock market PEAK of February 19 preceding the crash. I only noticed this today when I found the old thread.
Good call. And it is a good skill to develop ones emotions to be opposite the crowd.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Year after year, crisis after crisis, big business is winning and small business is losing.
Perhaps your observation is one among many clues on how to beat the market.

·
Registered
17,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #127 (Edited)
What makes me nervous is how smoothly my portfolio is gaining value since April. The chart pasted below is my portfolio value over the last 4 months (normalized to 100 starting).

And you can see the exact same thing in this chart of RPAR (ETF) that uses a similar strategy as me. This kind of steady gain seems unnatural.

You can also see the same theme in charts like XBAL and VCNS. Unrelenting, almost daily gains in all portfolio assets.

·
Banned
3,736 Posts
What makes me nervous is how smoothly my portfolio is gaining value since April. The chart pasted below is my portfolio value over the last 4 months (normalized to 100 starting).

And you can see the exact same thing in this chart of RPAR (ETF) that uses a similar strategy as me. This kind of steady gain seems unnatural.

You can also see the same theme in charts like XBAL and VCNS. Unrelenting, almost daily gains in all portfolio assets.
Completely natural.
Stocks aren't going up, they're just printing money and inflating the currency.

Divide out by the price of gold, and your graph magically becomes flat.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts