Canadian Money Forum banner

161 - 172 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
I think that if there is a conspiracy of sorts in an attempt to force people to live in cities it would be with the distribution of welfare as an example.

The Rich Folks refuse to pay extra taxes and invest into social services in the surrounding communities.

The Rich Folks do not want Poor Folks living in their community.

Those Rich Folks living in all the small communities around Toronto refuse to give assistance to people and thus force the Poor People to move to Toronto and where Welfare is purposely available.

In 1998, at 50 years of age and single, I applied for welfare assistance. The Province issued me a cheque for 535 bucks.

In Toronto, a single room in a rooming house was $420.00, leaving only 115 bucks to buy food with. Poor people had no choice but move to the city.

In all the surrounding villages and communities surrounding Toronto, the Rich Folks have refused to pay an increase in property taxes in order to build housing for Poor People and thus Poor People rushed into Toronto.

Today, In Ontario, a single person on welfare receives $656 monthly.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
In 1998, at 50 years of age and single, I applied for welfare assistance. The Province issued me a cheque for 535 bucks.

In Toronto, a single room in a rooming house was $420.00, leaving only 115 bucks to buy food with. Poor people had no choice but move to the city.
Didn't you also have the choice to get a job?

·
Registered
12,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
I'm not saying there is a city conspiracy.
I'm saying that left wing governments see an opportunity to make people totally dependant on them for the necessities of life. Then they think they'll have those votes locked up.

Get enough people into public housing, nobody will ever vote to slash it.
As it is, there is no interest into simply fixing the rental laws.
Tax away peoples cars, everyone will vote for public transit.

If people think they need big government, they'll continue to vote for it.
Whether they want it or not, urbanization is going to continue. Only way to fight it is to promote suburbanization (still basically cities) by turning the inner city into a ghetto. The places in the US that tried this fell far behind economically.

Maybe better internet service through low-orbit satellites will make rural living more practical. The overall trend will continue to be toward urbanization, at least as long as people want more money.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts

Today, In Ontario, a single person on welfare receives $656 monthly.
Don't live in Toronto.
Yep! I got a job. But it took a while.
It was almost a full time job trying to survive on welfare,
Yeah, looking for a job IS a full time job.

·
Registered
414 Posts
What is the most important issue happening in the universe today?

I don't think that the largest problem we have is Racism.

The biggest problem our society has is Covid-19 and the collapse of every city with a population of 2 million or more.

40 million unemployed in North America.

It is the media which decides what is newsworthy.

I am beginning to think that the media intends to make racism the largest threat to our society so they don't need to give us the bad news all day and every day about this virus.

The Media does not want to discuss the options we have. They just want to discuss "are we open or closed".

Who cares if we are open or closed? Because everybody is too afraid to travel crowded subways anyway.

Open it all up but nobody is going to show up.

50 percent of city economic activity has disappeared for at least a year.

Should we not be discussing this circumstance in TV-Land and kind of learn how we are going to handle such brutal news?

I honestly think that this economic collapse on the horizon is going to be hugely painful and hugely alter our lifestyles.

Should we not already be planning many more food banks and stuff like that?
How can we prepare for huge amount of homelessness?

How are we going to survive such a huge retraction in our economy for the next year at least?
(Best case is a vaccination in 6 months and then to prick every arm is another 6 months.)

Racism is not our largest problem. Racism is not our most pressing problem. Racism is not our most immediate problem facing our society.

I think that the costs to keep America in "Pretense Zone" is about 2 trillion per month minimum. That is 25 Trillion dollars for next year waiting for a vaccine. In the next year America is going to borrow the same amount of money that it took 40 years to accumulate, or the total federal debt since 1980. (40 years of accumulated debt now being printed again inside of a year.)

I think the virus is more important for TV-Land to discuss and more consequential to our society.

I think Congress is gonna show up and talk Racism and the media will have us all shed tears of sorry-sorry and then all of them will run off and hide til the fall. The Rich Folks will spend all summer building higher fences in the gated community.

The Ruling Class want to simply ignore the totally dire situation we are really in because of this virus.

·
Registered
16,634 Posts
Yeah, looking for a job IS a full time job.
Absolutely true. I've kept stats on my past job hunting since the first time I sent a job application.

As of today, I have applied to 199 jobs. This resulted in 5 or 7 job offers, depending on how you count it. Only 3% of my job applications resulted in an offer.

At times I was searching, this was a lot of work. I met a few people over the years who sent out a dozen applications and were disappointed they didn't hear anything. It seems to me you have to send about 50 to 100 before expecting to see anything come of it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
What I remember most about my unemployment days is the lineups I had to stand in for hours just to get some free food at food banks. Also standing in line for street car fare at the Salavation Army just to look for a job.
Like I said, it was a full time job just to survive. I spent hours and hours just standing in lines.
I remember a food bank giving me a small plastic pouch with about 15 chocolate candies. I was ever so grateful. (They were the best.)
Most food banks got Kraft Dinner and Chick Peas.
I ate tons of tuna and macaroni. I used a large tinfoil container used to bake a turkey to mix my tuna/macaroni in.
The very worst thing in a rooming house with a shared kitchen is that terrorists steal what you got in the fridge.
There was an alcoholic terrorist yelling and screaming half the day.

--------------------
Standing in line for 8 hours or more in Kentucky just to talk to some human being about the unemployment benefits not arriving yet .

·
Registered
414 Posts
By this time next week, the media will have a huge emotional "Thank You" and there will be another need to choose the next newsworthy event.

Those media personalities that carried the Racism Event can head off for vacation too.

The media will need to find a military threat worthy of chattering on about.

This newsworthy event will need a completely new set of experts and military commentators.
The military will be occupying endless hours of chatter in TV-Land while awaiting for the eventual declaration of Martial Law just after the new president is sworn in.

The Establishment media does not want to talk about the virus and the huge economic damage it is heaping upon North America. It is all bad and depressing news.

I believe that America will bring a majority of the troops home from Europe. These troops will be available to patrol American cities.

Perhaps, just prior the collapse of empire, America bombs Iran and Syria into the Stone Age, Israel can then take it's place as the NATO of the Middle East and America itself can pivot completely towards China.

After the collapse of empire, Possession is 9/10ths of the law. Where your chess pieces are is what you now own and need to defend.

Israel will own Palestine and the Golan Heights in Syria.
America will exercise it's right to travel the Northwest Passage unhindered.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I just heard the Canadian Minister of Finance say that things are very uncertain.
He said we don't want to project the future and that is why we don't have forecasts.

I read an article to day where it mentioned Public Transit in Los Angeles is down by 70%.
Needing billions in a bailout.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I just heard the Canadian Minister of Finance say that things are very uncertain.
He said we don't want to project the future and that is why we don't have forecasts.

I read an article to day where it mentioned Public Transit in Los Angeles is down by 70%.
Needing billions in a bailout.
You're listening to the advice of someone who "forgot" they had a French Villa?

161 - 172 of 172 Posts