Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I have been scouring the internet but cannot find an answer to my question but at the same time I can't believe that I am the only one in this situation.

I have a full time job getting paid by an employer (T4 and all) and also am self employed (home based business, collect tax etc). I can't seem to find out whether the June 1st deadline for employed if the June 15th deadline for self employed applies to me? Does anyone know?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi All,
Thanks for your advice.

I was able to find excerpt below from the Turbotax website so it seems as long as you have a portion of your income that is from self employment, you have the later date. (which makes sense I suppose because having a FT job doesn't make doing your self employment taxes any easier and therefore you get the longer date) However I will still try to do my taxes by June 1st LOL

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take Your Time – Just Not Too Much Time
If a portion of your income comes from self-employment, the CRA gives you a few extra weeks to submit your tax return; your tax forms for 2018 are not due until June 17, 2019, instead of the usual April 30th deadline, however, if you owe taxes, a payment is still due by April 30th.
If you owe money, you’ll have to pay interest if you miss the April deadline.
If you file late, you’ll be assessed a late-filing penalty.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts