Canadian Money Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Are you refering to me?
I'm in favour of vaccination, I think it's silly to not get vaccinated.
I also think your body your choice, and consent is required for all medical procedures.

If someone pressures you into a medical procedure, that you don't want, that isn't consent.

There is no conspiracy, other than a belief in human rights.
The lonewolf not you..by any means

·
Registered
706 Posts
You shouldn't have to submit to a medical procedure to exercise your constitutional rights. The courts have already ruled nurses are not required to get vaccinations, or wear masks to do their job.
If they aren't required to take those actions, to stop the spread of infectious diesease, the idea that you, as a private citizen should have to is ridiculous.
Are you sure the courts have ruled on the health authorities requiring nurses to get the flu vaccination or wear a mask? I thought that was the case too, that nurses didn't have to get the flu shot, but did a quick search and didn't find any supporting info on a court decision.
Instead, I found this article by Howard Levitt the employment law lawyer in Dec 2020 says the issue was addressed via arbitration that isn't binding on other arbitrations let alone courts. He actually thinks employers will be able to make vaccinations required depending on the nature of their work with exceptions made for religion and disability.
And in this article by CBC in Dec 2019, it mentioned the agreement that nurses in BC came to where they didn't have to get the flu shot or wear a mask but still has to report to their employer if they had a flu shot or not. So, they're giving up a measure of their privacy.

EDIT: And I concede I don't fully understand the practical differences between litigation vs arbitration. So if one of the legal minds on the board want to help weigh in, that would be handy.

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Are you sure the courts have ruled on the health authorities requiring nurses to get the flu vaccination or wear a mask? I thought that was the case too, that nurses didn't have to get the flu shot, but did a quick search and didn't find any supporting info on a court decision.
Instead, I found this article by Howard Levitt the employment law lawyer in Dec 2020 says the issue was addressed via arbitration that isn't binding on other arbitrations let alone courts. He actually thinks employers will be able to make vaccinations required depending on the nature of their work with exceptions made for religion and disability.
And in this article by CBC in Dec 2019, it mentioned the agreement that nurses in BC came to where they didn't have to get the flu shot or wear a mask but still has to report to their employer if they had a flu shot or not. So, they're giving up a measure of their privacy.

EDIT: And I concede I don't fully understand the practical differences between litigation vs arbitration. So if one of the legal minds on the board want to help weigh in, that would be handy.
The article I read said court decision, however it seems to be an arbitration hearing. Again, bad reporting..

Not a lawyer, but I believe for the parties involved an arbitration ruling is very similar to a court decision, but it isn't a court ruling.
That being said, we have a very very bad way to address conflicts in human rights in Canada.
IMO the Ontario Human rights tribunals are an excellent example.

·
Registered
685 Posts
. Individual enterprises would be free to adopt such policies The are a number of reasons to support such measures.
If you are required to get vaccinated for your job & the none FDA approved genetic cocktail kills you or makes you sick it is a work related. The drug dealers have been granted immunity the employers have not been.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts