Canadian Money Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Urban thinking.

I never appreciated the doctor shortage until I left the city for a rural home. No doctor for the first 2 years and the walk-in clinics will only see you if your family doctor works there. For 2 years, we were not allowed to be seen at the clinic. Our hospital is full of non-emergencies who don’t have a doctor. We had to go to emergency to get a wart removed before we found a doctor.

online virtual clinics are popping up now...at least you can get a simple script for minor issues.
What can you say... OHIP is disaster (don't know what's going on in other provinces)... Was hoping Ford gonna re-organize OHIP, but looks like it's impossible..

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Kinda related

Quote of the day lol...

Rempel Garner twice asked PHAC officials to point to the data used to make these decisions at the Friday afternoon hearing.

“Anyone?” she furthered, when none of the six PHAC agents present at the meeting answered her question.

“Is there anyone at PHAC that provided that advice?”

Man theres a bunch of dolts working at the federal level.

·
Registered
20,512 Posts
Doctors office?
Do you realize many people don't have a doctor?
I found the same thing when I lived in the US by the way.

Many of my coworkers didn't have a doctor. They really could only go to walk-in clinics or urgent care... basically the same thing I did when I lived in Manitoba.

It was very difficult to find doctors in Oregon. I finally did find an absolutely amazing doctor, somewhat by luck. But getting an appointment was incredibly hard. Often he'd be booking many weeks out, even for urgent matters. And keep in mind you're also paying about $300 (out of pocket!) for each basic visit, plus several hundred dollars more for lab tests. That's with insurance. People don't realize that in the US, even when you have health insurance, you still pay out of pocket.

I got used to paying $300 to $500 for most doctor visits. That's just a cost of living in the United States. Not a problem for me, but disastrous for low income people.

One of my coworkers (this is the US) had a very unfortunate skin infection which turned out to be a serious staph infection. He was coming to the office every day with it. I suggested he goes to a doctor and he said he doesn't have one. He had been going to walk-in clinics but they had been failing to diagnose it properly. (I told him my own guess that it was a staph infection, which turned out to be the case)

In December, I emailed my previous US doctor to just say thank-you, told him he is the best doctor I have had in 20 years. He replied with "thanks" and told me he's retiring. Really sad to see him go. But that's what happens. These doctors who have become the best, through decades of experience, hit retirement age and then they're gone.

Just sharing this because as bad as our doctor situation is in Canada, I want people to know that it's not all rosy in the United States. For many people in the US, first you pay thousands of dollars out of pocket, and you STILL can't find a doctor.

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Kinda related

Quote of the day lol...

Rempel Garner twice asked PHAC officials to point to the data used to make these decisions at the Friday afternoon hearing.

“Anyone?” she furthered, when none of the six PHAC agents present at the meeting answered her question.

Liberals just want to steal more money...it's called "Covid tax" LOL

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I found the same thing when I lived in the US by the way.

Just sharing this because as bad as our doctor situation is in Canada, I want people to know that it's not all rosy in the United States. For many people in the US, first you pay thousands of dollars out of pocket, and you STILL can't find a doctor.
And here, in Milton Hospital , with broken leg, I was waiting 7! hours...in those 7 hours they measured my temperature, blood pressure and did X-ray (even though I had X-ray from Mississauga lab with me). After 7 hours I was told to come next day :).
For MRI, me and my wife were waiting 4-6 months (in US it cost $600 w/o any insurance next day).
Maybe "it's not all rosy in the United States", I didn't have experience there (btw, in Israel it's 1000 times better ), but in Ontario this is disaster.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Kinda related

Quote of the day lol...

You really want to take the position that quarantines don't slow the spread of communicable diseases?
That's IMO just stupid.

Of course not having the data to support a government policy is stupid.
The fact that they don't have a report suggesting that quarantining returning travellers could help is just not being prepared.
This government is really acting like a dictatorship, not a democratic government, and definately not a minority government.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I think if you read the article you would see quarantining is not in question, it was asked where the science was to show how the hotel gulag was better than the already in place program Alberta was successfully running and has data on for 4 months. Of course none of the experts could explain as we all know its all punitive not preventative.

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I think if you read the article you would see quarantining is not in question, it was asked where the science was to show how the hotel gulag was better than the already in place program Alberta was successfully running and has data on for 4 months. Of course none of the experts could explain as we all know its all punitive not preventative.
I agree... What was bad in 14 days quarantine after arrival?! If government doesn't trust people, they can do spot checks and fine people who is going outside

·
Registered
272 Posts
I support vaccine passports for travel , public gatherings and events. Individual enterprises would be free to adopt such policies The are a number of reasons to support such measures. One of the main reasons is to get outliers and young people vaccinated. I realize there are civil liberties arguments but it seems public health has taken precedence over our individual liberties.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
... LTC residents don't need any "green passports" as they don't live their LTC :)...
If you mean "don't leave their LTC", you may be in for a surprise.

Most LTC's I have visited more than one had residents leaving:
a) by scooter to go around the neighbourhood
b) by taxi or booked transit to go to restaurants, shopping or shows to meet up with friends
c) on the LTC's bus for events arranged by the LTC

And that's ignoring when family or friends took them out to visit parks, take them to a community event like Canada Day and whatever else was of interest.

I suspect it's similar in retirement homes as the neighbour across the street has been bringing her 90+ year old parents home to sit out in the sun, chat with neighbours etc. for over half of 2020 and has continued this in 2021.

Cheers

PS
One seventy seven year old my sister knew would take her walker to go to the docks to see the lake, the ferry traffic and the fishing vessels, on her own. One way was 1.6 km where she was back in time for meals/events.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I just heard that Rutgers University is imposing proof of vaccination to attend classes in the fall. I think this is good news

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I just heard that Rutgers University is imposing proof of vaccination to attend classes in the fall. I think this is good news
Except that's clearly a rights violation.

I think everyone should get vaccinated.

I do not think you should be forced to undergo a medical procedure to exercise your constitutional rights.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Who am I to think & judge ? If Nazi passports were good enough for Nazis its good enough for me. My brainwashing has been complete I have received the kill shot
No they don't force anything on you. It looks like you will have to do this if you want to travel to numerous international destinations. I guess you can declare war ion these other countries.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Except that's clearly a rights violation.

I think everyone should get vaccinated.

I do not think you should be forced to undergo a medical procedure to exercise your constitutional rights.
I guess the university has legal obligations to insure the students have a safe and healthy classroom environment. If the student doesn't want the vaccine they can complete their classes on-line.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Office Depots here in USA are laminating CDC vaccination cards for free...Hawaii will use them for test & quarantine free travel to Hawaii & between islands. There is talk of using them for concerts, football etc but receiving more push back on this.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I guess the university has legal obligations to insure the students have a safe and healthy classroom environment. If the student doesn't want the vaccine they can complete their classes on-line.
Gates with his monopoly on world health has said something along the lines of it best to vaccinate everyone & lose 700,000 people from the vaccines. The lawyers are going to love this one with the wrongful death suits against those that make vaccine passports mandatory. If you cant go after they drug pushers since they were granted immunity go after those that make it mandatory.

This game can go the other way so those that are vaccinated will be denied entry ? vaccines in the past have made people more susceptible to a virus or other viruses. This is not a vaccine since it does not contain a piece of the virus. It is a genetic cocktail that has not been fully tested & the results made public.

Locking down the healthy in the last 6000 years has never happened until our mafia world health system has made it happen. The world is to big to control for long the world health mafia will fail. The cycle will go back the other direction & people will realize it makes no sense to lock down the healthy.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
You shouldn't have to submit to a medical procedure to exercise your constitutional rights. The courts have already ruled nurses are not required to get vaccinations, or wear masks to do their job.
If they aren't required to take those actions, to stop the spread of infectious diesease, the idea that you, as a private citizen should have to is ridiculous.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Gates with his monopoly on world health has said something along the lines of it best to vaccinate everyone & lose 700,000 people from the vaccines. The lawyers are going to love this one with the wrongful death suits against those that make vaccine passports mandatory. If you cant go after they drug pushers since they were granted immunity go after those that make it mandatory.

This game can go the other way so those that are vaccinated will be denied entry ? vaccines in the past have made people more susceptible to a virus or other viruses. This is not a vaccine since it does not contain a piece of the virus. It is a genetic cocktail that has not been fully tested & the results made public.

Locking down the healthy in the last 6000 years has never happened until our mafia world health system has made it happen. The world is to big to control for long the world health mafia will fail. The cycle will go back the other direction & people will realize it makes no sense to lock down the healthy.
go find some Russian sites who are great a creating conspiracy theories. You would improve your inventory of conspiracy stories if you did this. Good luck I think you need some fresh material.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
go find some Russian sites who are great a creating conspiracy theories. You would improve your inventory of conspiracy stories if you did this. Good luck I think you need some fresh material.
Are you refering to me?
I'm in favour of vaccination, I think it's silly to not get vaccinated.
I also think your body your choice, and consent is required for all medical procedures.

If someone pressures you into a medical procedure, that you don't want, that isn't consent.

There is no conspiracy, other than a belief in human rights.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts