Canadian Money Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
There will be much talk about passports, and various other mandates and coercive language to convince as many people to get the vaccine as possible. Pressuring those who might not be interested in it (I'm not sure myself - I get all my vaccines, but I don't like this one) into complying with fear inducing tactics.

I suspect none of it will be followed through on with legislature or lasting corporate/social policy. It will just be an ongoing threat and news story over the next 12+ months to get the uptake rate from ~70% voluntary to 90+% "voluntary".

I suspect if you're a die-hard and willing to see it through, you can go about life un-vaccinated just fine after a brief period during year 2022 of being occasionally being denied some services or freedoms.

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It will be interesting how this plays out. I was hoping that by the end of this year covid would be done but it does not seem like it.
I was also hoping that it will die like SARS, but it does not seem like it. .... Or Chinese invented something of good quality or it's mother nature got pissed off. but looks like it will be on and off and no lockdowns gonna prevent it

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I get all my vaccines, but I don't like this one [/QIUOTE] I don't like it too ...and I never got any optional vaccines ...never got flu shot and never got flu ...(but I'd get Covid one ASAP simply because I want to travel

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
The way Canadians are trying to shame snowbirds show how those unvaccinated will be ostracized. If you're younger I don't see a problem not taking it, I wouldn't either. I'm near death so need it lol.

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Being vaccinated is not mandatory.
Being a snowbird is not mandatory either.
Neither being employed is mandatory.

To be or not to be ... vaccinated ... your choice.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Some people believe the fairy tales that Covid vaccine is once and done unlike the flu and common cold. How often do we need a booster?

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
^ Flu-shot is "once, annually". Don't know about the Covid-vaccine though. We can all pray and hope that it is once only. I certainly will so we can get those "special people=whiners" off our backs.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
We have a vaccination passport of sorts. It is an International Record of Vaccinations. A yellow booklet the size of a passport. Some countries require certain vaccinations so we do travel with them. About the size of a passport. All of the entries are hand written. Having said that, I cannot remember being asked for mine...even in some countries in Africa where vaccinations were required for entry.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
How do schools make it mandatory? Can you not be banned from school if not immunized? Or is that myth?
In Ontario it's a provincial law managed by the Health unit.

However it is important to note that you can simply opt out by saying you object to vaccines.
I was seriously considering opting out because the morons auditing didn't understand how a vaccine schedule works.

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
How do schools make it mandatory? Can you not be banned from school if not immunized? Or is that myth?
When my kids attended school, we got a letter that if we don't bring vaccination proof by specific date (they had a list of required vaccines), our kids won't be allowed to attend school ... so we did all required vaccines...
btw, i don't understand why at least vaccination records aren't digitized.....we needed to drive to family doctor who entered all data manually

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
When my kids attended school, we got a letter that if we don't bring vaccination proof by specific date (they had a list of required vaccines), our kids won't be allowed to attend school ... so we did all required vaccines...
btw, i don't understand why at least vaccination records aren't digitized.....we needed to drive to family doctor who entered all data manually
I’ve entered vaccine data myself online To our public health unit. Not sure how they monitor it, but it can be self -reported.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
You’re in Peel No?

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Because of the Liberal E-Health scandal, they're scared to tackle it.

Honestly it's an embarrassment, as many providers are on electronic health records already.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Probably it's something new... I remember very well that we need manual records from the doctor...
Also, it would be better if doctors' offices input vaccination data
Doctors office?
Do you realize many people don't have a doctor?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Urban thinking.

I never appreciated the doctor shortage until I left the city for a rural home. No doctor for the first 2 years and the walk-in clinics will only see you if your family doctor works there. For 2 years, we were not allowed to be seen at the clinic. Our hospital is full of non-emergencies who don’t have a doctor. We had to go to emergency to get a wart removed before we found a doctor.

online virtual clinics are popping up now...at least you can get a simple script for minor issues.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts