Canadian Money Forum banner

Dividend Portfolio Question

11190 Views 31 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Berubeland
I was wondering if anyone has ever just done a search on the highest yielding dividend stocks and bought them.

What happened?
1 - 1 of 32 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has ever just done a search on the highest yielding dividend stocks and bought them.

What happened?

I've wondered the same thing. I've heard of the "dogs of the dow" strategy, but I've wondered if anyone has built their portfolio totally from high dividend, high quality trusts.

For example: Riocan REIT, Calloway REIT, Inter Pipelines, Pengrowth Energy, Crescent Point Energy, Westshore Terminal Income fund, CML Healthcare Income fund, Boston Pizza Royalties, New Flyer Industries.

Looks like the average dividend would be somewhere around 9% and most experts seem to feel that these particular dividends are reasonably secure. These funds have also performed well since the crash (some have more than doubled from recent lows). However, I've never run into anyone on the forums who is doing this. I suspect because it would be too many eggs in the trust basket.
1 - 1 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.