Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
You can have your spouse purchase your dividend paying stocks at the fair market value. You must be able to show the spouse paid for the shares with their own funds.

Alternatively, you can led your spouse the funds to buy the stocks. The loan must be at least the prescribed rate by the CRA and the interest must be paid annually within 30 days after the end of the year. Again you must be able to show the interest was paid with the spouses own funds. You cannot give the spouse the funds the pay the interest.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.