Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
2,689 Posts
Can Spouse A shift this income to Spouse B to take advantage of the tax saving?

Any help is appreciated.
First, a disclaimer: I'm not a tax professional and please consider this as FYI only and do your own DD. :)

The short answer is no. But what you can do in the future is have two separate bank accounts. Spouse A's salary goes into account A and Spouse B's into account B. Spouse A pays for all household expenses from account A and spouse B does the investing. That way, slowly over time, spouse B, who has the lower income gets investment income taxed in his/her hands.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.