Canadian Money Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Those latter boring utilities, pipelines, telecoms and banks aren't so bad after all. Anyone playing in the royalty space with the .UN symbols are going to see major cuts, perhaps total suspensions.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Kirkland Lake doubled its dividend a few days ago

I don't own F so am not very familiar with their situation overall. But on the surface, based on the articles I've read, they just seem to be hunkering down.
TSLA cYbeRtruk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Those latter boring utilities, pipelines, telecoms and banks aren't so bad after all. Anyone playing in the royalty space with the .UN symbols are going to see major cuts, perhaps total suspensions.
Care to elaborate on your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
New Flyer Industries takes a dive

I think I figured out why the stock is down almost 33% on the day. Ouch. I had an order placed to add to NFI back in Feb. Glad I cancelled it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
BIP (and likely the Canadian trust units as well) offered up a nearly 10% haircut on their div/distribution. Up nearly 2% to start the day on that news - we'll see where it leads.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
BIP (and likely the Canadian trust units as well) offered up a nearly 10% haircut on their div/distribution. Up nearly 2% to start the day on that news - we'll see where it leads.

I own hold positions in each stock mentioned from post 25-28.

·
Registered
45 Posts

This is NOT a dividend decrease. BIP.UN did a share distribution at the end of March of BIPC shares (1 for every 9 shares of BIP.UN held). When you take this into account, the dividend is approx. the same as March 2020's.

·
Registered
871 Posts
This is NOT a dividend decrease. BIP.UN did a share distribution at the end of March of BIPC shares (1 for every 9 shares of BIP.UN held). When you take this into account, the dividend is approx. the same as March 2020's.
I read the headline as a 10%decrease.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Saputo Inc. (TSX: SAP). MONTREAL, Aug. 06, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors reviewed the dividend policy and increased the quarterly dividend from $0.17 per share to $0.175 per share, representing a 2.9% increase. The quarterly dividend will be payable on October 2, 2020, to common shareholders of record on September 22, 2020.

I'm pleased as that's 11 dividend increases for my 24 Canadian stocks this year and no dividend suspensions or reductions so far. Total dividend increase so far this year is 2.66%, which is rather anemic, but still quite good considering the tough year it's been.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
I agree those are good results given the year it has been, but put that Saputo one into context. It was about keeping the streak alive. There will be a few others that do similar.....

P.S. I have had one Cdn cut so far in 2020 courtesy of NFI.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts