Canadian Money Forum banner

Delivery Culture :

3K views 57 replies 10 participants last post by  Eclectic12 
#1 · (Edited)
I ordered a virus mask.

Nobody knocked on my door.
Nobody rang my intercom from the lobby.

It is just as though I did not pay for door delivery.

I contacted the company using a tracking number via e-mail.
---- Held at Delivery Depot/Delivery Office
Your item is held at the delivery depot/delivery office at 3:16 pm on July 27, 2020----
Free Shipping

I am being told that I will need to chase it down.

Your order is being delivered by Canada Post.
Based on the tracking information available, it looks like they are prepping it for a return to sender.
We're seeing that they're having some issues with your address.
We'd recommend visiting your local post office or calling Canada Post to have them deliver not return to us.

I answered ..... (and I will keep yuh tuned as they reply) ....

"I paid for shipping.
You are in charge of shipping.
I will wait to hear my door bell."

See less See more
#2 ·
That seems to be the case. I remember ordering something and it was being delivered by Canada Post. The status on the tracking said that it arrived. I checked the mailbox and community mailbox, but nothing. I called Canada Post, they told me to talk to the vendor. The vendor did send a replacement, but in the interim, the next day, the package was in the mailbox. In other words, they said it was delivered when it wasn't and actually delivered it the next day.

Amazon deliveries are a little odd, sometimes they'll ring the bell, other times just leave it on the porch.

I remember another incident where I ordered a monitor, and FedEx said they delivered it without my signature because I had a sticker on the door saying that no signature was required. Problem was that it was my neighbour's door. He had returned it since he didn't order it. I guess it never occurred for him to look on the address and check with me. At any case, the package was properly addressed, our street addresses were pretty visible, so there isn't an excuse for messing up the delivery. Luckily it was still at the distribution center so I could retrieve it, but sometimes I wonder.

#4 ·
I think that my mention of a VISA complaint is pretty serious to the shipper.
They would not want to be delisted by VISA.

Here Is The Reply From The Shipper ....

Per our previous correspondence, your order is with Canada Post.
According to their tracking information, there was a possible delay due to them verifying your address.
Due to this, delivery was left in a pending status. The last update provided is that the item was returned and is now en route to us.
As the package is now being returned to us, we will refund the order when we receive it.
If an order is returned due to address issues, shipping costs are not provided in the refund.
However, we will make an exception in this case.

#5 ·
I ordered a tin sign from Amazon. It was coming from China and I waited and waited.

Finally they said it had arrived but it didn't. I went online for a refund. Amazon processed it immediately.

I looked up the reviews of the vendor and many people said they didn't receive items. Amazon said they booted the vendor from their programs.

The refund showed up on my credit card in 2 days.

So far I like Amazon because of the customer reviews and good customer service. Always read the customer reviews.

I pay for Amazon Prime to get the Prime movies etc. We also get some free shipping on items they carry in stock. Maybe that makes a difference.

#6 · (Edited)
So far I like Amazon because of the customer reviews and good customer service.
Where did you find an e-mail address to complain to Amazon?
All I ever found was a zillion help pages. No contact info.
I ask because I had a problem making an order and kept getting shut-out saying there was a problem but never told me what the problem was.
---- Account locked temporarily ----
I tried about 10 times to redo the order, but kept getting bounced back to a sort of no-go page.
I just gave up.
I was just trying to order coffee. No big deal. Lots more places to buy coffee.

Edit: I just tried to order something again and it said I needed to upload a document with info from my bank.
I have no history with them. I never bought anything from them. I just tried to order some coffee in February.

More Information Needed

The information you supplied was reviewed by Amazon but we cannot unlock your account at this time. For details, check for an email or text message from Amazon describing next steps. Please contact us for further concerns.

#7 ·
I ordered a virus mask.

It is just as though I did not pay for door delivery.

I contacted the company using a tracking number via e-mail.
---- Held at Delivery Depot/Delivery Office
Your item is held at the delivery depot/delivery office at 3:16 pm on July 27, 2020----
Free Shipping

I am being told that I will need to chase it down.

Your order is being delivered by Canada Post.
Based on the tracking information available, it looks like they are prepping it for a return to sender.
We're seeing that they're having some issues with your address.
We'd recommend visiting your local post office or calling Canada Post to have them deliver not return to us.

I answered ..... (and I will keep yuh tuned as they reply) ....

"I paid for shipping.
You are in charge of shipping.
I will wait to hear my door bell."
Here you go again. You expected an item to be delivered to your apartment door. Really? Where did you read in the supplier's shipping policy that that would happen?

It is a US company using US Postal Service for deliveries. OBVIOUSLY, they would then turn it over to Canada Post to deliver. Does Canada Post deliver to your apartment door? I've never heard of Canada post delivering to individual apartment doors. Where is your mailbox? That is where they would deliver it or a notice to pick it up at the post office to. Yet you write, "It is just as though I did not pay for door delivery." You didn't, you paid for normal Canada Post mail delivery.

But of course, nothing is ever your own fault calm, you will 'wait to hear my door bell' as you say, since it is the supplier's job to deliver to where you expect them to deliver to.

This is worse than your bank loan story.

#11 ·
You expected an item to be delivered to your apartment door. Really? Where did you read in the supplier's shipping policy that that would happen?

It is a US company using US Postal Service for deliveries. OBVIOUSLY, they would then turn it over to Canada Post to deliver. Does Canada Post deliver to your apartment door? I've never heard of Canada post delivering to individual apartment doors. Where is your mailbox? That is where they would deliver it or a notice to pick it up at the post office to. Yet you write, "It is just as though I did not pay for door delivery." You didn't, you paid for normal Canada Post mail delivery.
I am always here to help with your ignorance LTA. Canada Post delivers to our apartment door mail slot. If it is too big, they leave it outside the door and ring the bell. So does UPS and FedEx. Only Purolater has difficulty because it does not understand our CP address. So we instruct vendors not to use Purolater.

#8 · (Edited)
I was asked for a shipping address.
And that is where it should of been delivered to.
My lobby has an intercom system.
I have a mail box in the lobby as well.
I get parcels from Canada Post all the time.
------
I think I know what probably happened.
USPS shipped to Canada and it is all dumped on Canada Post at the Canadian border.
Canada Post contracted the delivery to some guy with a car and a phone.
Nobody turned up at my apartment lobby and rang me on the intercom or knocked on my door.
The guy may of called via a private phone but I don't answer calls without caller ID.
Nobody called with Canada Post as ID caller.
Perhaps just some blank number out of Toronto.
If it was the delivery guy who called my phone, he chose not to leave a message.

I wanted this parcel. I was waiting for delivery.
I ordered it about 6 weeks ago.
Now I gotta order again.

Is LongTimeAgo creaming his pants while stalking my posts and looking for any excuse to tell me that I might be an idiot?

#9 ·
I was asked for a shipping address.
And that is where it should of been delivered to.
My lobby has an intercom system.
I have a mail box in the lobby as well.
You do know how Canada Post works right? Do they deliver to your door? The package should have arrived at your mailbox in the lobby or a notice telling you to pick it up at the post office if it was too large to fit in the mailbox. That is how ALL deliveries from Canada Post work.

You trying to tell the supplier that you will wait to 'hear your doorbell' is ridiculous.

#15 ·
When the post office rings the intercom service in the lobby it is just as though my doorbell was rung.
Give Your Head A Shake.

I am going to put you on ignore. You irritate me too much.
See you in heaven. Don't let your mouse byte yuh!

#25 ·
LOL, I'm crushed.

Here's the bottom line calm. You didn't get the goods you ordered. You realize that right? Every means of delivery in the world doesn't work for you and it's all their fault. Meanwhile, you still didn't get your goods.

I ordered an item online a couple of weeks ago, from the UK. I got confirmation e-mails the next day. Three of them! First one said, 'order received'. Second, 'order being processed'. Third, 'order shipped and here is your tracking number.' All in one day.

After 2 weeks, I checked with the tracking number and it showed me the package had left the the UK headed for Canada but nothing more. I phoned the supplier and they told me it was probably still in Canada Customs and not yet handed over to Canada Post. The pandemic has been playing hell with international deliveries. Yesterday, 3.5 weeks after ordering, the package showed up in my mailbox. And no, I didn't expect Canada Post to ring my doorbell.

#16 ·
Amazon......I have an account. I have attached my credit card to the account.

When I buy something I put it into the cart. When I want to pay I just click through.

I keep track of orders by logging in and the right hand corner shows "orders". That includes all past orders and has a menu beside each item........refund, tracking, reviews etc.

I don't know what is going on with your order Calm.

I ordered some items yesterday from Amazon. I received them today in excellent condition. Intercom delivered and I prefer them as they send an email when the item is on their vehicle for delivery and give an approximate time for delivery. They also send an email confirming delivery.

Amazon uses many private contractors. Intercom is just one of them. I see guys pulling into our parking lot and delivering. They are driving their own cars and probably don't send emails to customers as Intelcom does.

Purolator bang on the door once and leave the package. Canada Post just leaves the package without knocking. So far.......no porch pirates..........LOL.

#18 ·
Amazon......I have an account. I have attached my credit card to the account.
I just tried Amazon one time and that was this past February. (Used VISA)
When I tried to check the order, some pop up told me that there was a problem and that I needed to upload stuff from my bank.
It was a lot of work. Grab a PDF from my bank ..... edit and delete all VISA numbers except last 4 numbers. Then upload it to Amazon.
The lock out page tells me to do this.
I tried to do that twice and was told not satisfactory. Some auto-pilot I think.
So I just walked away. I can buy my coffee elsewhere.

Attachments

#17 ·
I never ordered online before and am absolutely loving it, but my wife isn't as happy as I am buying things all the time........LOL.

I am now a shopaholic thanks to online shopping and If I never went into a another retail store, I would be a happy guy.

#19 ·
Contact Amazon.

Scroll down to near the bottom of the page and look beneath where it says "Let Us Help You"... click "Customer Service", then scroll down to where it says "Browse Help Topics" > "Need More Help?" > then click "Contact Us". Follow the instructions to contact them.

#22 ·
Do you have a Visa debit card issued by a bank ?

They require a separate setup to be used as a Visa card. It has to be verified as a Visa card first. The bank has information on that.

Otherwise I see no reason why you have to supply any banking information at all. You can buy from Amazon without being a member, as far as I know.

You just order and pay with a credit card.

Strange...........

#23 ·
^ If there isn't a scam going on with these courier services (given this age and time) including CP, then something else definitely fishy going on.. And I wouldn't be surprised with the practice of "double-delivery-dipping".

#24 ·
I ordered a virus mask.

Same thing with me, also waiting for a delivery of masks.

I was expecting a delivery today from UPS. I'm in an apartment building, but they can buzz from the outside.

Just like you, I didn't receive any call, any buzzer, or knock. They didn't leave the package, instead I see that online tracking says "The receiving business was closed. / Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day."

However, I've received several packages through Canada Post and those have been fine.

#26 ·
Did they knock on your apartment door and deliver into your hands james4beach? If not, then according to calm it is the supplier's responsibility to make them do so. If they don't, to heck with them, let them send the package back to the supplier and get a refund. Never mind that you would be sitting there without the item you wanted. LOL

#28 ·
I grabbed my PDF statement from the bank.
Opened the document up with PhotoShop
Removed all the account information except the last 4 numbers on my VISA card.
And uploaded it at Amazon website, plus e-mailed it too.

I must of tried this trip at least 7 or 8 times since last February.
Coffee was hard to get in quantity when the virus first hit. Sort of like toilet paper. I was trying to buy about 3 hundred dollars of Taster's Choice.
I gave up ....... but tried again since mentioning it here in these forums.
One time I used Notebook and typed out a message, then converted it to a PDF and then uploaded it.
Not that I still needed my coffee.
I wanted the convience of ordering on-line and in Canada.
That Mask trip was an American source.

#31 ·
It seems that my Amazon account problem has been cleared up.
I want to thank you people for your suggestions.
Especially Saga and Nathan 79.
--------------------
We have restored your access to this account. You can now sign in and place orders.
For your security, we canceled the following order when we could not confirm your information:
-- Order Number:
-- Items in Order:
We are sorry for any inconvenience this caused. If you would like to receive the items in this order, please feel free to place a new order.
------------------

#34 · (Edited)
I know this is going to sound really weird.
But, what if my posting complaints to this thread is what prompted my mask and also Amazon to respond?
Do you think it possible that robots (here in Mouse Land) gave the company a heads up?
It seems to me that these two companies began handling my complaint quite quickly after posting here.

I even got an e-mail from Amazon ...... after they had ignored me since February.

The Mask company firstly said that I should chase the parcel down and pretended it was not their responsibility.

Maybe this thread acts like a "Review" of sorts and robots advise these firms involved. (Advise them that the product is being discussed?)

I know what I am suggesting sounds crazy ...
Does anybody think it is possible?

Since my posting the problem here, these two firms seemed to acknowledge my complaint when earlier they did not. No doubt my travels around Mouse Land will now have Pop-Up advertisements about masks and Amazon Prime now.

#37 ·
I know this is going to sound really weird.
But, what if my posting complaints to this thread is what prompted my mask and also Amazon to respond?
Do you think it possible that robots (here in Mouse Land) gave the company a heads up?
It seems to me that these two companies began handling my complaint quite quickly after posting here.
I even got an e-mail from Amazon ...... after they had ignored me since February.
Maybe this thread acts like a "Review" of sorts and robots advise these firms involved. (Advise them that the product is being discussed?)

I know what I am suggesting sounds crazy ...
Does anybody think it is possible?

Since my posting the problem here, these two firms seemed to acknowledge my complaint when earlier they did not. No doubt my travels around Mouse Land will now have Pop-Up advertisements about masks and Amazon Prime now.
.. that would be ideal.

No-right-minded likes to having to spend time typing up complaints on a forum unless they feel they're not getting anywhere or got injusticed.

And then there're others who has all the time in the world trying to put logic and debating with the doubts of these complaints.

Now in my mind ... only if they could put their time and services to actually find a solution and making the world a better place for everybody... that would be priceless. At last, this is the real wicked world we live in.

#41 ·
Fire stick can turn most modern TVs into a smart TV. These are the older flat screen TVs. The newest TVs already have smart fun actions lots. you need the required HDMI port To plug in a fire stick.

With fire stick, you can stream tv shows, movies or sign up with amazon, Netflix etc.
there are also apps for networks like CBC and CTV.

we use it to access Netflix and amazon prime Video on our older tv. My son uses his to access CBC and CTV On a Tv without satellite/cable.

#42 · (Edited)
Fire stick can turn most modern TVs into a smart TV.
-
Thanks.
Why would I pay 50 bucks if I got Rogers TV and Rogers Internet?
Are they free or is each click a subscription?
There is a monthly fee from Amazon I think?
-----
How does my "Viewing Choice" change or improve?

When I visit the Rogers website, I can subscribe to a huge amount of channels and the only reason I don't is because I am already paying 150 minimum plus another 75 for an i-Phone?

I own a Smart TV - I purchased it in February this year.
My TV has an HDMI . I have the FireStick attached and I can read it.
I can't really use it because I don't know the pasword right now.

But it seemed each time I clicked I got prompted for a subscription.
Why would I subscribe when I can subscribe at Rogers?

That is why I asked or suggested that I need to know or understand the benefits of owning a FireStick. I could beg Amazon to let me into the one my brother bought or just buy a new one.

But why should I? is it just not duplication?

Large Screen TV
Seiki 50" 1080p Smart LED HD Television with Wi-Fi Connectivity and Miracast- SC-50UK700N
$ 449.99

#44 ·
I get many deliveries.
I listed the only two instances or problems with.
The mask and Amazon.
I will now do my utmost to purchase from a Canadian located supplier like Amazon. I would of ordered the mask from Amazon but could not sign up.
Now I can.
Other than that, I have no hassels with delivery,

#52 · (Edited)
I get many deliveries.
I listed the only two instances or problems with.
The mask and Amazon.
I will now do my utmost to purchase from a Canadian located supplier like Amazon. I would of ordered the mask from Amazon but could not sign up.
Now I can.
Other than that, I have no hassels with delivery,
... 2 delivery problems are already enough and multiply that by thousands of customers ... don't you see a trend upcoming? Or is it just better to sweep it under the rug and claim everything is honky-dory on the subject of your thread "Delivery Culture".

Let me expose/tell/"complain if you will" one of my "online" experience (with a satisfactory ending made possible though by a "smart" retailer). First time purchasing their products (excellent) "online" as more convenient doing so than going into their physical store. Been a customer for decades.

Trying to make a long story short here ... the product was delivered to "my doorstep" by a "major" courier sometime in late afternoon (of which I had been studiously tracking./watching out for) .. but because I was off my computer attending to something else (in the bathroom?), I was supposedly only 15 minutes late from the time they actually dropped it off (as timestamped on my computer). There was a BIG SIGN posted to my door next to the doorbell saying "COURIER ABC, please RING THE DOORBELL". Did the deliveryperson do that? NO. So guess what my package was left out in the open ... for anyone else other than me ... to help themselves to. And that is EXACTLY what happened, STOLEN. No proof as to who. [Hmmm... now in hindsight, maybe I should have reported to the city cops. ... ]. Anyhow ...

When I complained (all the way to management) of the COURIER company FIRST, they gave me the BS of an 'NSR=no signature required" so they're NOT OBLIGATED to ring the doorbell even you courteously instructed them to do so. Fair enough, I can't tell them HOW TO DO THEIR JOB. As it's SO HARD to ring a doorbell. And yet they RIDICUOUSLY instructed me to go check all around your place, front, back ,lane way, in your recycling box, etc. as the delivery guy might put it in "conspicous" place. Wow, how conscientious of them too.

So I told the retailer what happened ... no sweat as they went through their records (my purchasing profile) they immediately offered to send me replacements for free. Do you think I was satisfied? NO! In fact, I told the retailer that they go and have a talk to their courier company about "their way of doing business or responsibility" as it might be the FIRST and LAST time I'm going to "online" shop with this retailer plus it will be a LONG time before I'll step into their physical store.

Because if you really think about it "unselfishly" both you and I, the customers are going to be paying for the "free replacements" eventually... the store is going to recoup their loss somehow ... all because of some "Delivery Culture=don't give a damn" from these courier services.

#46 · (Edited)
My Package: Purchased in February.
Ignite Internet 150u
Modem Rental:
$176.27 (Last Month Billing)
----
Speeds up to:
download 150 Mbps
upload - 15 Mbps
----
5 email accounts
-----
Phone is a separate charge.

My i-Pone once belonged to my twin brother.
Kind of small ....It is 5" by 2 1/2"
With a larger screen I may trip around Mouse Land, I gotta squint to read the screen on this phone which I have now.
I just transfered the Rogers billing to my VISA card.
I might get 20 very short calls per month.
No mention that my brother is no longer around. Still in his name.
And continued paying the 75 per month.
I am seriously thinking about an upgrade.

Attachments

#47 ·
That’s a lot of data usage on your phone. Are you out of the house a lot? I barely use 2gb a month. is your phone connected to wifi while you‘re at home? You should be using cell phone data while at home.

the $176 seems very high. My tv costs me $40 and my rural internet is $100.
i know with bell, a pretty good tv plan is about $80.

i assume you’re $176 covers tv and internet. Still seems high.

#48 · (Edited)
I do not think that is my phone.
My phone is separate billiing.

I don't know about data on phone.
It was my twin brothers and I just blindly pay 75 bucks per month.
I don't even know if I can get access to data info at the phone account.
i-Phone was owned by my twin and still in his name.
I pay the phone via my VISA card and nobody knows the difference.

I only showed you internet usage and TV charges.
I got 2 TV's and a computer running 24-7.
Never turned off.
And the reason the TV is not ever turned off is because it is too hard to tune it into my Rogers remote control. I just leave it on until I find out how to program my remote to accept the TV codes. The name/make of my TV is not even listed as a choice when I try.

Hard to get technician help when this Virus is working its charm.

I think I will get new i-Phone because the screen is too small for me to enjoy to surf the net. (2 1/2"W X 5"H.
I have seen larger screen i-Phones. Maybe a thousand bucks?
That is why I have been in no hurry to set up my phone plan properly and throw my brother's phone away.
My twin used to own an i-Watch too. His son took it.
Can an i-Watch (somehowtuned into the i-Phone) be using data or whatever? Can an i-Watch monitor the original phone hookup? Is my nephew able to kind of monitor my i-phone useage?
I never wanted the i-Watch so I gave it to my brother's son and I kept the i-phone.

#49 ·
The Amazon Firestick gives you an alternative to Rogers. See here for $24/mo
Net TV Canada
In addition, you can download Cinema HD and get everything else for free. All Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu content via streaming which is legal. You can also download but that violates copyright laws. We watched Greyhound the day after it was released!

#51 ·
The Amazon Firestick gives you an alternative to Rogers.
-
So, I gain no extra programing choice.
What I can get with Rogers is same or almost same as FireStick?
Duplication?

Money was really not my quibble or curiosity right now.
I think what you have explained to me is that the FireStick is Overkill for me because I got it at Rogers if I want.

Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.
I am just going to toss that FireStick in a drawer some place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.