Canadian Money Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts
Do you have a Visa debit card issued by a bank ?

They require a separate setup to be used as a Visa card. It has to be verified as a Visa card first. The bank has information on that.

Otherwise I see no reason why you have to supply any banking information at all. You can buy from Amazon without being a member, as far as I know.

You just order and pay with a credit card.

Strange...........

^ If there isn't a scam going on with these courier services (given this age and time) including CP, then something else definitely fishy going on.. And I wouldn't be surprised with the practice of "double-delivery-dipping".

I ordered a virus mask.

Nobody knocked on my door.
Nobody rang my intercom from the lobby.
Same thing with me, also waiting for a delivery of masks.

I was expecting a delivery today from UPS. I'm in an apartment building, but they can buzz from the outside.

Just like you, I didn't receive any call, any buzzer, or knock. They didn't leave the package, instead I see that online tracking says "The receiving business was closed. / Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day."

However, I've received several packages through Canada Post and those have been fine.

When the post office rings the intercom service in the lobby it is just as though my doorbell was rung.
Give Your Head A Shake.

I am going to put you on ignore. You irritate me too much.
See you in heaven. Don't let your mouse byte yuh!
LOL, I'm crushed.

Here's the bottom line calm. You didn't get the goods you ordered. You realize that right? Every means of delivery in the world doesn't work for you and it's all their fault. Meanwhile, you still didn't get your goods.

I ordered an item online a couple of weeks ago, from the UK. I got confirmation e-mails the next day. Three of them! First one said, 'order received'. Second, 'order being processed'. Third, 'order shipped and here is your tracking number.' All in one day.

After 2 weeks, I checked with the tracking number and it showed me the package had left the the UK headed for Canada but nothing more. I phoned the supplier and they told me it was probably still in Canada Customs and not yet handed over to Canada Post. The pandemic has been playing hell with international deliveries. Yesterday, 3.5 weeks after ordering, the package showed up in my mailbox. And no, I didn't expect Canada Post to ring my doorbell.

Same thing with me, also waiting for a delivery of masks.

I was expecting a delivery today from UPS. I'm in an apartment building, but they can buzz from the outside.

Just like you, I didn't receive any call, any buzzer, or knock. They didn't leave the package, instead I see that online tracking says "The receiving business was closed. / Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day."

However, I've received several packages through Canada Post and those have been fine.
Did they knock on your apartment door and deliver into your hands james4beach? If not, then according to calm it is the supplier's responsibility to make them do so. If they don't, to heck with them, let them send the package back to the supplier and get a refund. Never mind that you would be sitting there without the item you wanted. LOL

Discussion starter · #28 ·
I grabbed my PDF statement from the bank.
Opened the document up with PhotoShop
Removed all the account information except the last 4 numbers on my VISA card.
And uploaded it at Amazon website, plus e-mailed it too.

I must of tried this trip at least 7 or 8 times since last February.
Coffee was hard to get in quantity when the virus first hit. Sort of like toilet paper. I was trying to buy about 3 hundred dollars of Taster's Choice.
I gave up ....... but tried again since mentioning it here in these forums.
One time I used Notebook and typed out a message, then converted it to a PDF and then uploaded it.
Not that I still needed my coffee.
I wanted the convience of ordering on-line and in Canada.
That Mask trip was an American source.

LOL, I'm crushed.

Here's the bottom line calm. You didn't get the goods you ordered. You realize that right? Every means of delivery in the world doesn't work for you and it's all their fault. Meanwhile, you still didn't get your goods.

I ordered an item online a couple of weeks ago, from the UK. I got confirmation e-mails the next day. Three of them! First one said, 'order received'. Second, 'order being processed'. Third, 'order shipped and here is your tracking number.' All in one day.

After 2 weeks, I checked with the tracking number and it showed me the package had left the the UK headed for Canada but nothing more. I phoned the supplier and they told me it was probably still in Canada Customs and not yet handed over to Canada Post. The pandemic has been playing hell with international deliveries. Yesterday, 3.5 weeks after ordering, the package showed up in my mailbox. And no, I didn't expect Canada Post to ring my doorbell.
... of course not as there is NO such thing as porch pirates in your area of a perfect pristined living world.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
It seems that my Amazon account problem has been cleared up.
I want to thank you people for your suggestions.
Especially Saga and Nathan 79.
--------------------
We have restored your access to this account. You can now sign in and place orders.
For your security, we canceled the following order when we could not confirm your information:
-- Order Number:
-- Items in Order:
We are sorry for any inconvenience this caused. If you would like to receive the items in this order, please feel free to place a new order.
------------------

... of course not as there is NO such thing as porch pirates in your area of a perfect pristined living world.
I'm not sure what point you were trying to make Beaver101. The OP was waiting for a MAIL delivery. He told the supplier that he expected the mailperson to come up to his apartment and ring the doorbell or ring him from the lobby and tell him he had a delivery for him. That didn't happen. When it didn't he told the supplier it was their job to make it happen.

I don't know about you Beaver101 but if it were me and I wanted my delivery, I would have taken the supplier's advice and simply phoned Canada Post to make arrangements. What would you have done, waited for the supplier to make them deliver it to your door?

It has nothing to do with porch pirates and everything to do with common sense. Instead the OP ends up without his package. From my perspective, that's a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I'm not sure what point you were trying to make Beaver101. The OP was waiting for a MAIL delivery.
... that's because 1. you didn't bother to read the highlighted portion in the last sentence of your usual long-winded posts, trying to justify your lecture of others, and 2. don't quite understand the OP's first sentence of an order of a virus mask so WHAT MAIL delivery are you talking about? He was expecting a package direct from the seller (in your case supplier) who is supposedly relying on the "courier services" to deliver the item to his door and received in the customer's hands.

He had ordered a virus mask He told the supplier that he expected the mailperson to come up to his apartment and ring the doorbell or ring him from the lobby and tell him he had a delivery for him. That didn't happen. When it didn't he told the supplier it was their job to make it happen.
.. what mailperson? It should be a "deliveryperson" which could be a CP employee doing parcel deliveries or the "courier" services, not your usual postperson delivering regular mail.

I don't know about you Beaver101 but if it were me and I wanted my delivery, I would have taken the supplier's advice and simply phoned Canada Post to make arrangements.
... that's laughable even you give proper instructions, totally ignored.

What would you have done, waited for the supplier to make them deliver it to your door?
.. isn't the supplier or seller's job who has a contract with the courier delivery service provider to ensure the item that you've prepaid for gets in your hands? Or is it the buyers with this e-commerce business?

It has nothing to do with porch pirates and everything to do with common sense. Instead the OP ends up without his package.
... yes it does because the courier delivery guy/gal can't even bother to do a simple act (despite you have a BIG SIGN on your door, if not told them in advance) of RINGING your doorbell so that you would be notified the package is at your door. That's because MANAGEMENT gives you the BS excuse it's NOT THEIR JOB to have to RING the doorbell to notify you because a signature is not required for the package. So in turn the package is left outside for anybody (aka pirate porches or lobby thieves or whathell you want to call these axxholes) to help themselves to your package. UNLESS you want to sit by your computer keeping eyes 8 hours a day tracking your delivery and even then, that tracking itself is FAR from accurate. You get notification like at minimum half hour later than what's displaying on the computer. Ie. it's NOT real time-tracking with the delivery. Again, this leaves a window of opportunity for porch pirates ... in my city not your utopia.

From my perspective, that's a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face.
... talking about yourself again?

Reactions: calm
Discussion starter · #34 · (Edited)
I know this is going to sound really weird.
But, what if my posting complaints to this thread is what prompted my mask and also Amazon to respond?
Do you think it possible that robots (here in Mouse Land) gave the company a heads up?
It seems to me that these two companies began handling my complaint quite quickly after posting here.

I even got an e-mail from Amazon ...... after they had ignored me since February.

The Mask company firstly said that I should chase the parcel down and pretended it was not their responsibility.

Maybe this thread acts like a "Review" of sorts and robots advise these firms involved. (Advise them that the product is being discussed?)

I know what I am suggesting sounds crazy ...
Does anybody think it is possible?

Since my posting the problem here, these two firms seemed to acknowledge my complaint when earlier they did not. No doubt my travels around Mouse Land will now have Pop-Up advertisements about masks and Amazon Prime now.

If you look the site he ordered from states that they use USPS, that's the US Postal Service. So it gets passed to Canada Post to deliver. So what do you think calm's expectations should have been and what do you think of him responding to the supplier that he will 'wait for his doorbell to ring'?
It depend on what the supplier represented to him. If it were me, Purolator would lie about having tried to deliver and then left a notice tapped to the outside of the building saying to pick it up at a CP Depot. During Covid-19, that is unacceptable.

I know this is going to sound really weird.
But, what if my posting complaints to this thread is what prompted my mask and also Amazon to respond?
Do you think it possible that robots (here in Mouse Land) gave the company a heads up?
It seems to me that these two companies began handling my complaint quite quickly after posting here.
I even got an e-mail from Amazon ...... after they had ignored me since February.
Maybe this thread acts like a "Review" of sorts and robots advise these firms involved. (Advise them that the product is being discussed?)

I know what I am suggesting sounds crazy ...
Does anybody think it is possible?

Since my posting the problem here, these two firms seemed to acknowledge my complaint when earlier they did not. No doubt my travels around Mouse Land will now have Pop-Up advertisements about masks and Amazon Prime now.
.. that would be ideal.

No-right-minded likes to having to spend time typing up complaints on a forum unless they feel they're not getting anywhere or got injusticed.

And then there're others who has all the time in the world trying to put logic and debating with the doubts of these complaints.

Now in my mind ... only if they could put their time and services to actually find a solution and making the world a better place for everybody... that would be priceless. At last, this is the real wicked world we live in.

... that's because 1. you didn't bother to read the highlighted portion in the last sentence of your usual long-winded posts, trying to justify your lecture of others, and 2. don't quite understand the OP's first sentence of an order of a virus mask so WHAT MAIL delivery are you talking about? He was expecting a package direct from the seller (in your case supplier) who is supposedly relying on the "courier services" to deliver it to his door.

.. what mailperson? It should be a "deliveryperson" which could be a CP employee doing parcel deliveries or the "courier" services, not your usual postperson delivering regular mail.

... that's laughable even you give proper instructions, totally ignored.

.. isn't the supplier or seller's job who has a contract with the courier delivery service provider to ensure the item that you've prepaid for gets in your hands? Or is it the buyers with this e-commerce business?

... yes it does because the courier delivery guy/gal can't even bother to do a simple act (despite you have a BIG SIGN on your door, if not told them in advance) of RINGING your doorbell so that you would be notified the package is at your door. That's because MANAGEMENT gives you the BS excuse it's NOT THEIR JOB to have to RING the doorbell to notify you because a signature is not required for the package. So in turn the package is left outside for anybody (aka pirate porches or lobby thieves or whathell you want to call these axxholes) to help themselves to your package. UNLESS you want to sit by your computer keeping eyes 8 hours a day tracking your delivery and even then, that tracking itself is FAR from accurate. You get notification like at minimum half hour later than what's displaying on the computer. Ie. it's NOT real time-tracking with the delivery. Again, this leaves a window of opportunity for porch pirates ... in my city not your utopia.

... talking about yourself again?
Oh boy. Go back to the beginning Beaver101. Calm gave the link for the supplier he ordered from. It clearly states on their site that they use the US Postal Service. Since calm is in Canada, that means it would be turned over to Canada Post for delivery. So that is 'WHAT MAIL' delivery I am talking about.

Canada Post operate according to their rules. They do not have an agreement with an individual supplier saying they will operate according to rules set by the supplier, OR by calm. So a buyer has a choice, accept Canada Post's rules or ask a supplier if they will deliver by some other means. What a buyer CANNOT expect is to have a delivery made the way they want it made if it is going to be delivered by Canada Post who follow their own rules.

Calm has tried to say is that the supplier is responsible to get it to his door when the supplier has told him it will be delivered by Canada Post over whom they have no control.

If you are concerned about porch or lobby pirates, then I would suggest you take that into consideration when ordering something to be delivered. Don't order from a supplier who will not give you some guarantee of 'hand to hand' delivery. That's YOUR choice to make.

Canada Post does allow for you to set a 'safe drop' location. If you do NOT set a preference, then they will NOT leave a package on your porch, they will leave you a notice telling you to pick up at your local Post Office that is THEIR system and has been as long as I can remember. Gone are the days of the mailman knocking at your door and chatting about the weather with you.

Here is what calm wrote in the OP.
From the supplier: "We'd recommend visiting your local post office or calling Canada Post to have them deliver not return to us.

I answered ..... (and I will keep yuh tuned as they reply) ....

"I paid for shipping.
You are in charge of shipping.
I will wait to hear my door bell."

Obviously, calm was not interested in how Canada Post handles deliveries, only in how he WANTED his delivery handled. That to me is cutting off your nose to spite your face since the result is evident. No package in his hands.

It depend on what the supplier represented to him. If it were me, Purolator would lie about having tried to deliver and then left a notice tapped to the outside of the building saying to pick it up at a CP Depot. During Covid-19, that is unacceptable.
The supplier's site clearly states they use US Postal Service which means it would be handed over to Canada Post kcowan. There is NO question as to what the supplier 'represented to him'. But I'll bet you dollars to donuts that calm didn't even read their delivery information when he ordered. Then when he was told Canada Post had his item, he told the supplier it is their job to get it to his door, totally ignoring the ridiculousness of suggesting the supplier should call Canada Post and TELL them what they were to do. Would you call Canada Post and try to TELL them what to do? They'd all be rolling on the floor with laughter.

Discussion starter · #40 · (Edited)
Yes I have two of them.
Oh! That is great.
My twin brother ordered this device from Amazon because he changed our TV - Service Provider to Tech Savvy.
I don't know the password for a certainty.
But that is another matter.
I think (Only think) it allowed my brother to click TechSavvy some where.
And TV would stream in through the FireStick.

I have moved now and I got Rogers. So what can this FireStick give me that Rogers can not?
--------
I kind of would like you to give me the pro's and con's,
In simple short terms just so that I get the drift.
------
I see they are only worth 50 bucks.
I could easily toss the one belonging to my brother and order another one if I knew what it offered me. I am not a tech guy. When I had my website up, it was my twin brother who ran the "Engines" and I ran the "Graphics". I know nothing about code. But I know animation.
I would like to know if the investment is worth 50 bucks?

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.