Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks like you're in quite a comparable situation to me. However, I own my own house already (in Lethbridge), and I just thought I'd say this to you:

Get a house where you can rent the basement out if you must have one.

Adding up all the expenses like taxes, maintenance, utilities, insurance, etc. makes owning a house quite expensive. Truthfully, it costs about the same as staying in a (cheap) hotel every night, except you keep it and have to fix everything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
But that does NOT mean to become a landlord and rent out property as suggested above. That is a whole other topic that should not be a consideration for you, given you know NOTHING about this.
I don't see what is so special about stock investing that makes it worth learning NOW over how to collect a rent cheque and not get sued. The complexity of the stock market is much much greater than the relative common sense of property management. It would frankly be foolish to not at least consider it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.