Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My name is Lewis, and I'm from Montreal. I'm actually day trading Facebook and I document all my trades on my new website. I wrote all articles, and I do a live feed during market hours. I created this website to get a portfolio and document my trades, so one day I can land my dream job. It's a great occasion to get a fresh view of the market, I'm a millennial trader principally trading the FANG (Facebook, Apple, Google, Netflix). I just graduated in accounting, and this is my summer project.

We are about to break the 100$ with Facebook, so in case of a green day, here's what the predicted result.

SUPPORTS: 92.87$ 91$ 89.42$

LAST BIG EVENTS: – July 21st : the stock price reached an-all-time high at 99.24$, letting some gaps to fill behind.

– July 29 : E/R Day, Price dropped to 90.60$, this is the next to last support on short horizon.

– August 6 : The second attempts to reach the 100 failed

– Profit taking yesterday after a good run from last Wednesday

Morning Pre-Market Index : Updated at 9:00am to start the live coverage

What would be great today?

– Going up above 95$, after profit taking, we still believe Facebook will go up on a higher volume day. Above 95$, we are in the trading range to reach the 100, and that’s where it become interesting. We would prefer to see a bullish day to finally go at the next step of the plan. The stock is still holding around 9

I would love your suggestion to make my project better, it's all independent, and I did it all alone. So, if you have any comments, I'll be really happy. I also use stock twits, but there's not a lot of Canadian. I plan on adding a USD/CAD section :D !

Thank you for your support, and I wish you all good profits!

Have a great day, Lewis!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am not on the Feacebook. Do consumers buy merchandise through the ad-clicks? Effectively does FB publish ad conversion rates? ie 1 impression per 10,000 is a sale? Or are FB ads treated as a companies mass marketing strategy?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They generate a good part of their revenues from business ads, and they put emphasis on the # of like on a pages! They also bought a couple of platform, soon when you will chat and in example talk about beer, an heineken ad could pop aha. I would say more like mass marketing strategy. They don't charge you for the basic, but it become expensive quick.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
how about let's cut hip some slack?

preliminary guess: this really is a student/recent graduate who's uber-enthusiastic about his project.

moreover his project is well done. I for one think his website appeals. Ya'll know how i believe cmf should support the under-25s. Who knows, maybe trading the FANG is a great idea. We shall see.

(aside to hip) welcome to cmf! but why not add your site addy as a cmf signature? that way you won't have to hype it, you can just post messages & your website will be trailered.

some might wish to herd you into an existing older thread & you could go there if you like. Whatever you do, though, please don't disappear.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
actually one of the discount broker reps was telling me recently how he's more than doubled his money in TFSA with Facebook.

meanwhile my own TFSA is a wreck, dragged down with energy stocks :peach:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh thank you for the welcome! I'm effectively trading Facebook in my TFSA, and I'm starting to get worried because I'm approaching the 40 trades this year + currency exchange gains, and I really don't want Revenu Quebec to touch my capital damn! And yes, I will continue to post for sure.

Now this afternoon, I'm trying to scalp Apple because I sold a bit too early Facebook, at 95.38$. I'm still happy with the profits, and being greedy is not a good thing in day trading.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you play bearish, it could be a great paying day in Facebook. We are about to lose a trading range, battle at 88$ probably. Pre-Market will be important again, this morning there was a small bulls rally that failed hard, so wait for indicator confirmation on greater time length before going long. We also know why the Max Pain was at 88.50$ Monday. Text Line Slope Map Parallel

Oh, and btw I posted winning trades in this thread with the time stamp. And I'm not static with my trades, I sell before the bell, and I don't try to catch a falling knife on bloody market.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And you can check the precedent chart, there's a big red line at 93.60$ with a note qualifying the range above already bearish. The premarket was at 93.66$ this morning at the open, so this analysis was on point, and even included the signal for bear market.

·
Registered
21,897 Posts
Welcome to the site. I hope the trading is working out well... I don't day trade so I don't understand all the lingo.

Can I ask, what recommendations do you have to mitigate risk, or control losses? Are positions held overnight, or always closed out by the end of a day?

Let's say someone accidentally bought FB on Aug 21 at $86. The next day, the stock dropped as low as $72 (a decline of 16%). That's a big single day loss to stomach, when you're trying to make just a couple % profit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.