Canadian Money Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
24,678 Posts
I'm also wondering how it worked out for those holding XIT...
I'm still curious about this too. XIT had a massive internal (reinvested) distribution but that was dated end of December. But if these CSU transactions all completed in 2021, maybe there are still more distributions coming.

I don't see any TOI holding in XIT today... I'm not sure what iShares decided to do with the spun out shares.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Amazing CSU.

I was looking at its performance since I bought it in late April 2020 and I was happy. And then I remembered that they gave me TOI shares which are now at $100/share and I was even happier.

That's the kind of total return on investment that goes unseen under the radar when backtesting stocks.

My CSU shares are up +47% since I bought them last year. But when I add the current value of TOI, my ROI is actually +63%. Sure, I shouldn't look at the current value of TOI because they are now independent, but instead at the value when I got them, but that's still a +58%.

Reactions: james4beach

·
Registered
873 Posts
Amazing CSU.

I was looking at its performance since I bought it in late April 2020 and I was happy. And then I remembered that they gave me TOI shares which are now at $100/share and I was even happier.

That's the kind of total return on investment that goes unseen under the radar when backtesting stocks.

My CSU shares are up +47% since I bought them last year. But when I add the current value of TOI, my ROI is actually +63%. Sure, I shouldn't look at the current value of TOI because they are now independent, but instead at the value when I got them, but that's still a +58%.
It’s a great company. Note they are not independent. CSU owns a large part of TOI and is on the board. They didn’t spin out the whole company to investors when they did the divi.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Not sure frankly. There were recent announcements about preferred shares converting which I have not accessed. If anyone has an up to date view of the ownership maybe they can post it here.
Oh I recall that thing about the Super Voting Share.

Holders of Subordinate Voting Shares are entitled to one vote per share, and CSI as the holder of the Super Voting Share is entitled to that number of votes that equals 50.1% of the aggregate number of votes attached to all of the outstanding Super Voting Shares and Subordinate Voting Shares at such time.

Reactions: Covariance

·
Registered
24,678 Posts
And then I remembered that they gave me TOI shares which are now at $100/share and I was even happier.
That's great that you held on!

I wonder when TOI will start trading on the TSX.

But remember that there is a flip side to that. Some stocks fail and collapse, or fall severely and then acquired. Those go unseen from back-tests as well (survivorship bias).

61 - 71 of 71 Posts