Canadian Money Forum banner
1241 - 1260 of 1382 Posts

·
Registered
11,213 Posts
Yeah, very good point. The central banks mismanaged the money supply and sparked high inflation. And this was supposed to be when crypto was going to save the day.

ETH just fell below 1000 down all the way to 956. The peak price was 4866 so ETH has now fallen 80% from its high.

Crashing, while inflation hits new highs. Not exactly what we were promised.
If you're listening to the promises of random promoters without doing any due diligence, that's your fault.

I didn't believe them, so I'm good.

·
Registered
19,193 Posts
Crypto was struggling to achieve any level of public adoption, and with all the scams, rug pulls, hacks, exchanges locking up, prices falling, and most crypto owners suffering losses........public adoption and trust is completely gone.

Corporations that considered crypto are watching the problems that Microstrategy has created for itself, and running far away from the trouble.

Government regulators are moving in for a close look and that will be the last gasp for crypto.

Some of us knew from the start and stepped up to warn people. Some other people are still flogging a dead horse.

Beware the pumpers and dumpers, the fraudsters and the con men, the criminal and the gullible.........they are not your friend.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
According to PP crypto is the only way to go. A solution for everything.

The only way to solve inflation.

Fire the Bank of Canada Governor and move to the Promised Land.

Thanks for your wisdom, your insight, and your vast knowledge of the financial industry.

Not!

·
Registered
11,213 Posts
According to PP crypto is the only way to go. A solution for everything.
He's wrong.

The only way to solve inflation.
Crypto won't solve inflation anymore than gold will.

Thanks for your wisdom, your insight, and your vast knowledge of the financial industry.
Not!
PP is just as nonsensical as Trudeau.

Both parties have failed to provide a credible leader.

·
Registered
19,193 Posts
Trudeau doesn't interfere with BOC policy and was roundly criticized by Conservatives for stating that publicly.

I wouldn't expect a PM to be a financial or banking expert. That is up to his Finance Minister with all the resources at their disposal.

·
Registered
730 Posts
People can say whatever they want about Justin Trudeau, but there is no doubt that he has been more successful than many of his critics.
Trudeau has read Sun Tzu. "Appear weak when you are strong." If his political opponents think he's weak and stupid, I think Trudeau is just fine with that as he has defeated Trump six times and the Conservatives three times.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I noticed a headline this morning that TSX listed crypto company Voyager dropped by 53% in one day. It warned of a potential default on $US 655m it lent to a hedge fund that is in trouble.

·
Registered
11,213 Posts
Trudeau has read Sun Tzu. "Appear weak when you are strong." If his political opponents think he's weak and stupid, I think Trudeau is just fine with that as he has defeated Trump six times and the Conservatives three times.
I don't think that's it.
It's obvious he's a political genius, and otherwise an idiot.

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
I noticed a headline this morning that TSX listed crypto company Voyager dropped by 53% in one day. It warned of a potential default on $US 655m it lent to a hedge fund that is in trouble.
Voyager CEO was previously the CEO of e*trade so not exactly a moron.

A very large crypto fund stopped responding to their investors. They had been critical of things like ethereum (which crypto natives like) while promoting centralized VC-backed chains (which crypto natives dislike) Seems like many of the successful/experienced people transitioning from traditional finance fell for the VC/hedge fund games.

Terra Luna already collapsed. Solana (actually run by a Ukrainian immigrant ex Qualcomm engineer) and Avalanche are similarly flawed. Hedge funds/VCs pumped them up way more than they should have. Not your keys not your crypto and centralized chains are just fancy blockchain databases

Sam Bankman-Fried, FTX, is now buying up all these companies like Celsius and Voyager

·
Registered
11,213 Posts
As with all our political parties and leaders I agree and disagree with their views and policy. Which is more important to staying in the role of PM of Canada being a political genius or not being an idiot?
Being the political genius wins in politics.
I think that's obvious.

It's a mistake to think that people are well rounded, those at the top of their field, such an assumption is even less likely to be true.

·
Registered
19,193 Posts
All privatized crypto is crap. It is just a matter of how long they can hold on before they collapse.

If crypto has a future.....it will be controlled and backed by the government.

These cypto platforms lobbied, lobbied, and lobbied the government to approve them........and now look at the mess they created.

Investigations are underway all over. People are going to prison....like other fraudsters and con men before them.

With billions of investor dollars blowing up in smoke.........lame excuses aren't going to cut it.

·
Registered
11,213 Posts
All privatized crypto is crap. It is just a matter of how long they can hold on before they collapse.

If crypto has a future.....it will be controlled and backed by the government.
That's because you want eveything controlled by the government.

I don't get it, you can look down south see the disaster of Trump, and still sit here saying "give power to the government".

Also the "all privatized crypto is crap".
no, you've never made, or likely used, or even actually understand what a dApp is.
I'd suggest you lack the knowledge to make that determination.

It's like people who say RRSPs or The "stock market" is a scam

·
Registered
19,193 Posts
Crypto is nothing more than an elaborate scam, with "crypto companies" providing "loans and liquidity" to each other using worthless crypto.

The numbers are all made up. Market cap for worthless tokens is a joke metric. The digital tokens have no intrinsic value.

Assigning a market cap of billions to a company based on how many worthless digital tokens they created is pure economic bullshit.

Sags creates 100 million Sags digital tokens and sells a million of them for $1 each to another crypto firm to establish a "market price".

Actual money never changes hands and the crypto firm buyer is doing the same thing and all they are doing is shuffling digital coins back and forth.

There is no utilitarian use for the tokens and no intrinsic value, but somehow the market value of Sags became $100 million due to one transaction ?

It is all done to make the coins look valuable, present a high value market cap that is made up, so they can sell more tokens to the gullible.

The gullible don't care what the coins do. They just believe they are going to go up in value and they can sell them for an easy profit.

Crypto is the ultimate get rich quick scam.

LOL...........

1241 - 1260 of 1382 Posts