Canadian Money Forum banner

181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
14,756 Posts
So bitcoins are just a very inconvenient and unnecessary intermediary step in the process of buying a Tesla ?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
So bitcoins are just a very inconvenient and unnecessary intermediary step in the process of buying a Tesla ?
As a BTC holder, all I have to do is send the payment to Tesla in BTC. That is a lot less hassle than sending my BTC to an exchange, selling them, sending a wire to my bank, then finally sending the payment to Tesla. That's like three extra steps.

It's entirely up to Tesla if they want to inconvenience themselves with exchanging the BTC for USD. By accepting BTC, they're agreeing to handle all of the dirty work. I am curious how much of a premium over spot price they will charge.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
This random guy on YouTube tries to figure out what it means for Tesla to accept Bitcoins. Maybe his interpretation is wrong, but if it isn't, it's pretty interesting...

(By the way, that random guy on YouTube is some kind of workaholic making millions on YouTube, but watch how many videos he posts... about 3 to 8 videos per day!)

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Maybe his interpretation is wrong, but if it isn't, it's pretty interesting...

(By the way, that random guy on YouTube is some kind of workaholic making millions on YouTube, but watch how many videos he posts... about 3 to 8 videos per day!)
MicroStrategy just held a huge virtual conference to explain their digital asset playbook to corporate execs. Many big US institutions are interested

They use the exact same indefinite-lived intangible assets, impairment losses etc in their reports

Also yes it's crazy how many YouTubers make bank nowadays. The successful ones are basically running their own TV show (who still watches old school TV?)

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
But they only get paid per view if you don’t use AdBlocker.
Or use Brave browser and tip them in BAT (crypto)

Or click on their affiliate or referral links in the description below

Or cause more people to view based on YouTube's algorithm (like and subscribe!)

·
Registered
20,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
Does anyone else here use Coinbase? I have an account which holds the small amount of BTC that I bought some time ago.

There's a segment of the site, on the left, called Earn rewards.

This is interesting. They will show you videos presenting info on various bull*** coinz, and if you watch the video and take a quiz, they'll pay you a buck or two worth of that (possibly worthless) coin. But the quizzes are pretty straightforward and predictable, so I found that I sometimes only have to watch a few seconds to get the gist of it and understand what kind of bull*** they're getting at.

Just watch for keywords and broad concepts. I calculated that it took me 18 minutes to rapidly go through the quizzes and earn $42 worth of coins, for a very respectable $140 per hour of my time. Mind you, I think it helps if you have a technical background.

So now my account holds a random mix of various bull**** coinz. I guess I'll have to decide whether to take the $42 and run, or leave it invested in the miscellaneous coinz that are revolutionizing the world.

181 - 190 of 190 Posts