Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I am new to Vancouver and a CFP from India practising since a decade. Got the approval too from FPSC to go ahead for a direct challenge exam.. ( as qualify as a cross border approval ) due next year 2016 . But need your help as too how and where do I get the study material for the challenge exam. Finished exam I of CSC as was advised to do the CSC to enter the banking industry. Exam 2. dates only available next year in Jan. And will finish Exam 2 too. Exam 1 was too simple to talk about too. But now worried for the CFP challenge exam as need to get the study material etc and practice the same based on Canadian taxation and savings schemes. Please advise. ( BTW I am based in Vancover - hence limitations unlike Toronto or Montreal where there are loads of instititutes and help centres )

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cross Border Exam Query

Hi Guys, I am new to Vancouver and a CFP from India practising since a decade. Got the approval too from FPSC to go ahead for a direct challenge exam.. ( as qualify as a cross border approval ) due next year 2016 . But need your help as too how and where do I get the study material for the challenge exam. Finished exam I of CSC as was advised to do the CSC to enter the banking industry. Exam 2. dates only available next year in Jan. And will finish Exam 2 too. Exam 1 was too simple to talk about too. But now worried for the CFP challenge exam as need to get the study material etc and practice the same based on Canadian taxation and savings schemes. Please advise. ( BTW I am based in Vancover - hence limitations unlike Toronto or Montreal where there are loads of instititutes and help centres )
Hi Sanjay,

I am Varun. I am in a similar situation, I have completed my CFP from India and keen to pursue my career in Canada as a Financial Advisor/Para Planner.Could you please share your experience in attempting to do the cross border exam and the results.

Regards,
Varun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Varun. are you in Vancouver at the moment as you mention similar situation.. This is a very old post and a lot has happened since then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts