Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently deal with Qtrade with my trading for the most part limited to the buy and hold of good quality dividend stocks. I probably do only 20 trades a year and my portfolio is into the 6 figure range. Before Qtrade I dealt with Credential but left them when I changed F/I's. As an aside, I mention that I also have dealings with BNS. In any event, I recently sold 500 shs of BMO and my charges from Qtrade were $22.00 due to their charging a commission of 1/30th of 1%. Credential and some others are a flat rate of under 10.00 and as such I am considering changing firms. Moneysense provides favourable reviews of both firms. Just wondering if anyone can comment on their experience with Credential or perhaps that for the nominal extra expense I should just stay where I am at. Its not really the $$ involved but the principle of paying double.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Credential Direct
I deal with them principally because they are a Co-operative organization and I can move funds to and from my local Credit Union easily.
Having a Level II quotes helps in formulating my personal Bid or Ask quotes.
I think that their fixed income system is rather minimal compared to TDDI.
I have no experience with Qtrade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.